DA Problems

jschurawlow

Verified User
ok here is a new one. First time this has ever occurred with a client's server.

Just installed DA on this system. The install went fine and everything worked except DirectAdmin itself will not start. when I use the rc.d script to start it it states it has started however it is not running only the taskqueue runs and that even after a minute stalls out.

Does DirectAdmin check the FQDN to verify it against the license? Or will it only check the IP address (as the license was purchased for my customer before he had registered the domain name that would be used with his server).

going to submit in a ticket to directadmin now about this as well.

-Justin

What is the error you get when trying to execute the directadmin binary directly?

I had actually done a little error log hunting and found that DA is not reading the license file (the license.key is actually showing as a 0 byte file). I then did a manual run of getLicense.sh and it is not downloading the key file at all (comes down as a 0 byte file). I have emailed DA support to inform them of such. More then likely it just needs an FQDN update on their side on the license server (as I am 100% sure the IP matches as I did double check that as well).

In any case simply waiting on a reply from them to my email sent in earlier.

Hopefully that is the only problem that would be causing this.

-Justin

I don't think it'll download the license file unless the license is marked as "active' on your DA account, and everything matches.

Jeff

The license on my DA account is both verified and active. The only thing that doesn't match is actually the FQDN which I wasn't sure if it had to or not (if it does then in the future just will be stuck waiting until the domain is submitted for getting DA for customers).

In any case I should be getting an official reply via email from DA soon enough on this. Betting it is the server hostname simply not matching (IP address does just not the hostname).

The hostname is not stored in the license.

I do recall that you have to run something to change the hostname; you can't just change it.

But I don't remember that keeping it from running.

Jeff

Back