Debian Beta Testing

DirectAdmin Sales

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Our Debian version is now complete and we require a few good people to help test it.

Because each server is different, we will first require 2-3 systems and root access so we can do the install ourselves. Once we are confident that the installer works flawlessly, we'll make another announcement asking for general beta testers.

You will receive a free lifetime license (for any OS) in exchange for helping us with this first phase of testing.

If you have a server to donate, please make sure the OS install is clean (no other sites or control panels), you have an external IP address, and you don't mind giving us root access for a couple days.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks!

Mark

Within what timeframe would you need it? One of my clients has a Debian server and would most likely be interested in this (the install is near-clean, all I did was replace Exim with Postfix) but I would need a couple of days to transfer some sites to another server.

John we can give you a UML with testing/stable/untesting if you like. drop myself or blacknight a pm and we'll organise it for monday.

Regards,

Paul

If John isn't responding it may be because he has enough systems.

I wrote him and offered to build a system just for him to use, and he wrote back and told me he was getting a lot of offers.

Jeff

Hi everyone,

We are good for systems at the moment. This first phase is just to tweak our installer, not test DA in its entirety. That's why we only need a handful of machines.

Once the installer is good to go then we'll be asking for more testers (you do the install yourself, and play around yourself) to see if anything else needs fixing.

Mark

Servers for testing

If you are in need of an additional box to test with, just let me know. I have a debian box just sitting in a rack right now with a fresh install and nothing to do. Customer cancelled on me after we installed the box but before we gave him access and I just haven't gotten around to doing anything with it since then. Email or PM me if there is anything I can do to help.

I can't wait till this is released! As soon as it is available I'm purchasing. I have some debian boxes that can be used for testing if needed also. I would so love to get away from Redhat and bloated Ensim. Just been waiting for a CP for Debian. You guys Rock!

I want to test beta version of DirectAdmin. I have just sent mail to you, but I haven't got answer yet....

I have a box that I'm planning on having live by the end of the month. Will that be OK?

It currently has Fedora 3 on it, but I would like to "upgrade" to Debian, and I have nothing against formatting it, as I don't yet have anything on it.

Mark: I just sent you an email, incase theres any progress on the installer scripts.

Generally: Id be very interested in testing D.A.

has anybody actually get debian+directadmin to work without any problem?

xeryph said:
Yes, on my debian server DA is working fine.
It is working fine?
I am also beta tester.
I know that is work but not fine.
Have bugs so canot say that it is stable or fine.
Have some bugs. I have post this in the directadmin support, and wait solutions (the most bugs i have post now it is fixed but not all.)

blueice said:
It is working fine?
I am also beta tester.
I know that is work but not fine.
Have bugs so canot say that it is stable or fine.
Have some bugs. I have post this in the directadmin support, and wait solutions (the most bugs i have post now it is fixed but not all.)

Same here. The biggest problem I'm having is that services can't be restarted from DA.

I also have it semi-working on Debian 3.0
Just a couple of features aren't working so far.

Back