Dedicated IP for domain in admin -> user level

bas1968

Verified User
I am using at the userlevel of my admin account an domain but I don´t know how to assign an dedicated IP to this account so I can install an SSL certificate for this domain? At the moment this account is using the main server IP.

IP assignments are made on admin panel under IP manager. Ips are assigned to admins or resellers. When you add a user's domain is when you select shared or dedicated.

Hope that helps

Maybe I wasn´t clear enough. I am not talking avbout an user account, I am logged in as admin and then there are 3 levels, admin, reseller and user level. At this user level of the admin account I am hosting the domain of our company but it is using the server IP. All other (user)accounts on the server I can assign an IP but not at the userlevel of the admin account. This domain needs to have an dedicated IP.

In /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips is the list of all ips assigned to the server. Each file is named by the IP it represents. The field in the file that assigns it to a user is value=user. I think you can set this to admin no quotes. You will want to contact support as I am not sure how this will affect startup.

The admin user is like any other user.
You should probably create a separate user under your admin reseller level; that way you can assign it a dedicated IP#.

Jeff

I tried what Jeff wrote, to ad an user admin on the reseller level of the admin account. That doesn´t work. I get this message: You cannot modify yourself.
The normal user accounts can be assigned easy to an IP. But I can´t find the place to do this for the admin account. Myabe I need to create an new user account to resolve the problem and transfer the site to this account.

The admin reseller account can add IP#s to accounts it owns. We do it all the time.

That's the only way I know of to do what you want to do, and that's why I suggest it.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

I know, I can add IPs to user accounts. But not to the user account admin (user level of admin account)

I have the same exact issue. I was logged in as admin, created a reseller and added a domain. NOW it is on the server ip and can NOT be changed via modify user.

I need the site to have its own "owned " IP to use SSL and owning the server ip is not an option, so I figured I would change the sites main ip but to no avail.

What needs to be done to solve this?

**UPDATE**
I CLOSELY followed the directions given in the linked thread above and fixed this issue.

Last edited:
Back