Demote admin user to reseller

AudiAddict

Verified User
Is it possible to demote a admin account to make it reseller only? This is a 2nd admin account which was created by the "admin" user.

For security reasons I want to demote this account without screwing up any current settings. He has made a couple users through his reseller area and I would like to leave them there.

Currently he also has SSH access. Can I make this a user based ssh account without root access on shell? I assume a admin user with the ssh checkbox has root access?

Last edited:
I dont think you have to do anything but remove the username from /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/admin.list

Also no one has root ssh except the root ssh user. However you should never login directly as root user, you should only use an unprivileged account and then su to the root user once logged in.

Thanks for your reply. I removed his name from the list, but after logging in with his account he still has admin access. It seems this only removes him from the list and not change his account

In /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/<username>/user.conf there is a setting usertype=admin change it to usertype=reseller. I am suprised there is no automated way of doing it.

Back