Different home partitions on mounted volumes for different accounts.

JohnNoc

In reference to the feature added from v. 1.53.0: Ability to override default /home directory and the Help article: I have more than one home partition. I need all services to use both the old and new partitions, I am wondering if this set-up would be possible, if I understood the articles correctly:

I am using Linode and thinking of mounting additional block storages as volumes.
/home partition (the default) to be utilized by websites within the company (located on our main Linode)
/reseller(1,2,...)-home Additional volumes (mounted block storage). One volume per reseller for them and their clients.
/clients-home One volume (mounted block storage) for the websites of our own website dev clients.

When I create a reseller account, can I specify which home they use (eg. /reseller1-home, /reseller2-home)?
When I create a user account for our web design clients with no reseller privileges, can I specify their home to be /clients-home?
Our own websites at /home?

Are these possible? Any caveats? Any other things I need to think about?

With this setup, I can easily upgrade the main server without affecting my clients' volumes and possibly mount their volumes to a different server easily. Thanks for your help.

Correction the default /home is not a partition but a directory.

Back