DirectAdmin 1.57.0

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.57.0.

This is a major release with many new exciting features.

Full list of changes can be found here:
directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.570

Features:

Bugfixes:

Let us know if you run into any issues.

John

UPDATE ERROR md5sum mismatch from header X-md5

UPDATE ERROR from 1.56 to 1.571
CENTOS7

2019:05:31-13:01:31: md5sum mismatch from header X-md5: f00cf1473305cb9fc3abaa294f66973f and /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz=05d7b8dce3d0861384cf8ffe68b878d8
2019:05:31-13:01:31: Update::md5_header_present_and_failed('/usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz', md5='f00cf1473305cb9fc3abaa294f66973f'): MD5 FAILED with '05d7b8dce3d0861384cf8ffe68b878d8'.
2019:05:31-13:01:31: Unable to Update the software!: md5sum mismatch from header X-md5: f00cf1473305cb9fc3abaa294f66973fand /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz=05d7b8dce3d0861384cf8ffe68b878d8<br>
The download of /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz has failed the md5sum check. Please check the file and retry the update again. Not extracted, update aborted.<br>

Solved
after again updating script and version and started then after quite a while done.

Last edited:
I've also seen an error in the Directadmin logs from today. A lot of these from 1 user account at the moment in the /var/log/directadmin/error.log file:
Code:
2019:06:01-18:58:13: Auth::passValid: unable to get user_info for [email protected]
2019:06:01-18:58:13: Username [email protected] is 20 characters long, but the directadmin.conf has this setting 'max_username_length=10'
but e-mail addresses are almost always longer than 10 characters, also this is happening only on 1 useraccount and with multiple email addresses from her, I don't see any errors from others and nothing alike in older error logs.
Also odd is that is not only 1 user account but also only on 1 server.

Last edited:
Richard we have this with long domainnames.
Or subdomains if using this.
Did extend characters once but then it could still have not enough. ( don't know now what was that max. , in directadmin.conf if i remember)

If not domain or subdomain longer than the DA username itself, so all before the @

Sorry is long ago this is what i remember.

Yes I know this is an issue with usernames. It's 10 characters in the directadmin.conf. So this can happen with for example long mysql usernames, but should not happen with email adresses.

But this is just odd, because this is about a domain name, not a max_username_length, next to that, we have domain names on servers which are even a lot more than 12 characters which this one has.
So that's why I'm wondering why this is happening only with this domain, while it should not even happen on e-mail adresses.

Today it's not happening anymore and it seems to be a bug. On investigation one it seemed the user was blocked temp a couple of times, because with one of the e-mail addresses a wrong password was used.
Since this is fixed, also this error notice is gone.

So to me it seems this error notice appeared wrongfully and another error notice should have been here. This has nothing to do with long usernames.

To replicate the error, use the [email protected] as username to connect to DirectAdmin interface with any password, and you will get the same error:

Code:
2019:06:04-00:31:25: Auth::passValid: unable to get user_info for [email protected]
2019:06:04-00:31:25: Username [email protected] is 20 characters long, but the directadmin.conf has this setting 'max_username_length=10'

What's the concern? Is something not working?

Logging into DA with an invalid username would be blocked for the above reasons, thus is logged in case there is confusion.
I'm unclear how it's a bug if it's not behaving as designed, but please let me know what I'm missing :)

To clarify, you do not login to DirectAdmin:2222 with an email address. You'd just use your "username" :)

John

@Zeiter: I reproduced it like that indeed.

Logging into DA with an invalid username would be blocked for the above reasons, thus is logged in case there is confusion.
I'm unclear how it's a bug if it's not behaving as designed, but please let me know what I'm missing
At first I thought it was caused by user logging in to web- or e-mail with the wrong password, because the log stopped when I informed her about the wrong login credentials. She was indeed blocked before.
So I thought the error notice was wrong. Because she also was blocked due to using the wrong e-mail passwords. I didn't now then she also tried DA itself the same way.

But I was looking in the wrong place, seems next to the webmail she was also trying to login to directadmin with the email address, which caused the "name too long" error.

So no bug, but the first part of the error notice is not really pointing the best way to the issue.
Code:
2019:06:01-18:58:13: Auth::passValid: unable to get user_info for [email protected]
I would have expected a "Auth::passINValid:" there. This Valid gives the impression username/pass was good but user information could not be retrieved for some reason.

To clarify, you do not login to DirectAdmin:2222 with an email address. You'd just use your "username" :)
Yes I know that, seems the customer had troubles remembering this.

I believe "Auth::passValid:" is a function name, at which the process fails. You need to read the text in the right.

Back