DirectAdmin 1.62.0 Release Candidate 2

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce the publicly available release candidate for DirectAdmin 1.62.0
Version: 1.62.0-RC2 (Updated June 4th)

After some final testing of this version, we'll release it as stable, likely in a few weeks.

The full list of changes are listed here:
https://directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.620000

The have been many changes and a few new minor features added from the beta to this RC, so for anyone testing, please download the latest set of pre-release binaries.

More information on the release can be found in the previous BETA announcement:

Some of the new features:
  • HTTP/2 support on port 2222 via the new Go wrapper
  • Automatic SSL Certificate management
  • CGroup per-User resource limit enforcement (Pro Pack)
  • Nginx: User selectable templates (eg: WordPress, etc) (Pro Pack)
  • Nginx Unit for inter-process web redirection/processing (Pro Pack)
  • Command line CLI calls for API generation to embed into your requests
  • Global IP Selection
  • Tally runs in new dataskq process after restore, so success message returns much faster
  • New internal Nginx location template structure, for cleaner insertions of various /paths
  • Restore: Reseller override to specify who to restore under
  • User Backup: select which domains to backup
  • Skin/Evo Customization: favicon, symbol, symbol2 (more custom images)
  • Admin IP: Additional IP information direct from device
  • SPF: now includes server's default IPv6 by default for new zones
  • Option for per-domain Nginx-only (disable proxy) for webserver=nginx_apache
  • Hooks: special exit code 42 for included output, even with no error
  • Allow JSON input for all POST requests, instead of url-encoded data (BETA)
  • Load Average in System Information
  • Referrer check to store port UPDATE WILL LOG YOU OUT
  • systemd directadmin daemon will now run in "foreground" mode within systemd, instead of daemon mode.
  • Default cookie setting: SameSite: Lax
  • Each filesystem type is now auto-detected (ext4, xfs, etc)
  • Option to reduce the number of languages shown (da.conf: language_list)
  • Redis
Plus many bug fixes.

To try out these new binaries, grab them from the pre-release area:

keeping in mind that the version will still show 1.61.5. Only rely on the compile time (Admin Level » Licenses/Updates) to confirm you have these. (May 27, 2021+)

Release Candidate 2
June 4th update: fixed a bug with the Admin SSL feature where openlitespeed domains using the server cert were not doing the snidomains lookup, thus ended up using the server cert instead of the domain's cert.

Behavior Changes
json=yes calls to the user=fred GET version of these calls have output changes
  • CMD_API_SHOW_USER_DOMAINS
  • CMD_SHOW_USER
  • CMD_API_SHOW_USER_USAGE
  • CMD_API_SHOW_USER_CONFIG
Please test your API calls if you're using these, as the "quota" value was not in the correct format before. It's now an array.
There is a GET option which lets you revert to the old value, as a workaround (but please update your scripts to use the corrected array method)

Reports
Should you have any issues, please first check the New Feature Testing forum so we don't get flooded with duplicate.
Post there to a new unrelated thread, if the issue has not yet been reported.
Avoid email/tickets for now, unless it's something urgent or has some security implication.

Many thanks!
John

Last edited:
Great to see the Pro Pack coming along, I don't suppose you've got a rough ETA on the advanced GUI for account migrations, and the backup system yet?

Are they gonna be a lot of default value changes?
If so is it better to do a reinstall to get the new default values? (For me a reinstall is not hard so if its better I would do that once it get released to stable.)

Update:
Release Candidate 2 with a few bug fixes (see first post)
Anyone using RC1 (Binaries older than June 4th) are recommended to update to RC2 for the fixes.

We're on track for a June 9th release, pending no further issues.

@realcryptonight: I don't see any need for a full reinstall. The number of default setting changes is low, and some only affect new installs (if you want them, just enabled them). For the internal default changes, looking over them, they don't affect the data in a significant way (nobody should notice anything different)

@nick-a: No ETA at this time. I would say we're part way though the new incremental backup system, but I won't give any dates for it until we can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

John

Good job DirectAdmin!

Any pricing info on the pro pack, all i know now is it's included with licences (except lifetime and personal), and that the support licence (199$/yr) includes it too. Would be nice if there is a "just the pro pack" option for us lifetime/personal licence holders without the need for support (199/yr is a lot for a hobbyist, 2,5 or 5 /mo would be more doable (rather the 2,5 one, heh)

People are asking for a product that can compete with the other big control panel, and the Pro Pack is our solution for those people. But we can't take a few dollars, and be expected to match a product 20+ times that price. That's why there is no few-dollar option... the math just doesn't work here. 😐

Besides, we were very careful to make sure the Pro Pack doesn't take away from the DA core. None of the Pro Pack stuff is must-have, and probably not something a hobbyist would need? For example, a hobbyist wouldn't have hundreds or thousands of accounts (a situation where Pro Pack resource throttling would be more useful).

true, not every feature, but I'm quite interested in the java/node/python support.
A hobbyist still likes more programming languages heh ;)

Perhaps a concideration: a pro-pack with all the current features, and a dev pack which would be a subset containing only the java/node/python support.
Perhaps a 2.5$ option for only 1 user, and a 5$ option for only 5 users or whatever, any more users would just not have the features. that might be a nice way to go to keep things affordable for us and profitable for you guys (which, I understand might still be hard this way, I'm just suggesting it ofc)

Again, still props to not going the Plesk/Cpanel move and just killing core features heh ;)

true, not every feature, but I'm quite interested in the java/node/python support.
A hobbyist still likes more programming languages heh ;)

Perhaps a concideration: a pro-pack with all the current features, and a dev pack which would be a subset containing only the java/node/python support.
Perhaps a 2.5$ option for only 1 user, and a 5$ option for only 5 users or whatever, any more users would just not have the features. that might be a nice way to go to keep things affordable for us and profitable for you guys (which, I understand might still be hard this way, I'm just suggesting it ofc)

Again, still props to not going the Plesk/Cpanel move and just killing core features heh ;)
on that note though:
if I could without the pro pack still use the node/java/python support, just without any fancy gui and all manual configuration I'd be just as happy, even if it'd cost me like 2,5$

@DirectAdmin Support can you give some more information in the GIT manager?
Its listed as in development in the docs but I can not find anywhere weather of not its still gonna be in this release or later.
And can you maybe give some light on your idea on how its gonna work?

After updating to 1.62 I got this error and DA won't run with our SSL certificate.
'HTTP server error=newServer failed to initialize TLS certificate cache: tls: private key does not match public key port=2222'

Anyone else got this error?

Anyone else got this error?
is it a private one? There is a new version of Letsencrypt as well.
did you run
./build update
./build update_versions

There are lots of new features when is the last time the server and an update was done?

is it a private one? There is a new version of Letsencrypt as well.
did you run
./build update
./build update_versions

There are lots of new features when is the last time the server and an update was done?
No luck with update and update_versions. This server was installed last week. The update to 1.62 was done this morning.
It runs normal with ssl turned off.

did you try a
./build rewrite_confs as well
Yes i did. Everything works fine like SSL in apache etc. Only DA won't run with SSL enabled on port 2222. The certificate files are not changed. So its a little strange to get this error 'TLS certificate cache: tls: private key does not match public key'

I just comment-out the carootcert rule and directadmin runs fine. So the new DA version has problems with my CA bundle.

Back