DirectAdmin 1.62.9 RC

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce the release candidate for 1.62.9.

This version includes a series of bug-fixes and a couple of new features, change-log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.62.9

The most notable feature is E-mail Summary report for admins (Pro Pack feature). The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the beta release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

Last edited:
Is it possible to fix this Evo bug before release?

Sometimes users want Evo but they like another option like grid or something, and I can't change it for them since the option is not present.
And even for testing purposes I need to change this some times and again... not possible.

Thanks for bringing this up Richard. We will check this out. Did I get it right that the essence of the issue is - ability to change and save skin settings for other users while using "login as" functionality?

What happened with the extra NS input in DA GUI instead of messing with templates ? If i recall right this was supposed to added in this DA version, it is still weird that DA did not support this right from the beginning.

On my dev box I can't find the "E-mail Summary Report" in EVO
Email Summary feature is available as part of the ProPack feature set. Might be a reason why it is missing.

Email Summary feature is available as part of the ProPack feature set. Might be a reason why it is missing.
My dev box of course does not have a monthly license on it.

In the description there was nothing about "pro" feature, too bad, I don't know what is pro about a mail statistic....

Thanks anyway

I don't know what is pro about a mail statistic....
It's the GUI it's presented in which might make it a bit nicer which makes that part PRO.
There is an normal email summery overview in Enhanced skin so also probably in Evo somewhere.

I didn't even seen screenshots of the email summary of the pro pack.

I`d pay instantly 100,-/y for only those features i really want and need: email tracking, redis per user, backup system.
I dont need dev tools script environments, i have already cloud linux and softaculous and litespeed, i simple want features which makes my life easier for 95% of my customers, and spare my time.
Why not offer a "choose 3 of 10" or "5 of 10" features plan for 100,-/y , instead of making it a monolithic price block "pay all 20 features, even what you never will use"?

Yes that is correct. As can also be seen by the screenshot posted. That is indeed the essence.
Hi Richard, we have pushed an update for the RC (in the beta channel). This update includes new Evo version where skin settings can be managed after performing login-as action. Please let us know if this resolves your use-case.

Feature 3053

My dev box of course does not have a monthly license on it.

In the description there was nothing about "pro" feature, too bad, I don't know what is pro about a mail statistic....

Thanks anyway
Yep, sorry about that 🙇‍♂️. I have updated the feature description as well as initial post to be more explicit about it.

I have a bug on 1.62.8 with Debian 11 when backing up (I'm using mariadb):

Error while backing up database admin_airports
Error while backing up database admin_airportsThe sql file is 0 bytes in size: /home/admin/admin_backups/2021-10-01/admin/backup/admin_airports.sql
mysqldump error output: mysqldump: Got error: 2002: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)" when trying to connect

seems like the socket file is not created properly. Connecting to the database works though (using 127.0.0.1 as host). All sites work perfectly fine

*edit*

seems like a socket file is created in /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock - I think it's configured somewhere wrong then, I see it in /etc/my.cnf but changing that has no effect. same goes for the mysqldump.cnf file, sadly that has no effect either (but it would fix this particular issue)

it's a fresh box with mariadb 10.5.

I stumbled on some things, refering to the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/mysql.sh script, but that one does not exist.

@smtalk might be a custombuild thing?

*another edit*

seems that setting
Code:
[client-server]
# Port or socket location where to connect
#port = 3306
socket = /run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
to
Code:
[client-server]
# Port or socket location where to connect
port = 3306
#socket = /run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
solves it.

Last edited:
I've just updated a box to 1.62.9 with pro pack on it but still no "mail summary" in evo....

@fln As for this release, can finally the bug from admin backup/transfer being fixed? While backups run fine, but on restore, the (reseller) packages from admin are not restored, while they are present inside the backup.
This is a bug which is present already for a very long time. And very easy to reproduce.

Back