Compiled with IPv6
Static binary: yes
commit sha: 207ef07b
gettext support: yes
gettext path: /usr/local/directadmin/data/lang

# ./build versions
Latest version of DirectAdmin: 0 build 0
Installed version of DirectAdmin: 0 build 0

It seems you are running quite old DA installation, I would recommend upgrading to the latest version in either stable or current release channel.

This server was installed back in May of this year, so it's not that old but I agree, would love to upgrade from 1.61.5 to 1.63.0. Any idea how though?

I have one server with the same update problem, but I think it's due to the lifetime licence was purchased right at the end before they were discontinued, maybe you have the same issue.

If updating via the web interface is not available you can try triggering an update manually with:

Code:
echo "action=update&value=program" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue && /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d

If this does not work - an update can be forced with :):

Code:
echo "action=update&value=program&force=yes" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue && /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d

As a last resort you can always do it manually all the way 😄:

Code:
COMMIT=$(dig +short -t txt "current-version.directadmin.com" | sed 's|.*commit=\([0-9a-f]*\).*|\1|')
wget "https://download.directadmin.com/directadmin_${COMMIT}_linux_amd64.tar.gz" -O "/usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz"
tar xzf /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz -C /usr/local/directadmin
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin p
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/update.sh
systemctl restart directadmin
rm /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz

Unfortunately mine keeps telling me: The update is not allowed to be downloaded.

And then follows up with I should contact sales. I probably should do that.

I only tried the first two methods. Don't want to brick the interface forcing it, it's a production server.

Same here with "owned" licenses. We've to pay for an "update expansion for 1y". They try to switch it to old lifetimes, but that’s not a good deal (double costs for pro pack).

Looks like this is just a bug with either DirectAdmin version 1.61.5 or the latest CustomBuild not interpreting 1.63 correctly as a version higher than 1.61.5 since the Licensing / Update update also states it's version 1.6.3 we can upgrade to. We'll just wait for 1.63.1 to drop to see whether that fixes the problem, don't like tinkering with production servers like this either.

For my issue. After contacting sales, they resolved the issue, it was something on their end.

Back