DirectAdmin 1.63.2 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce the release of Directadmin version 1.63.2.

This version includes a series of bug-fixes and a couple of improvements, key feature in this release is git manager, change-log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.63.2

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

I see an update for ioncube that's stuck there in custombuild. even after updating it's still showing up.

I just updated to this version but I do not see the Git option in the advanced settings.
Do I need to run any install commands before it show up?

@realcryptonight No install commands are required unless your server doesn't have Git binary installed(unlikely). The feature must be enabled for the reseller by the admin, then for the user package, and finally for the user. Let me know if you are able to find it. You can check manually if everything went successfully by checking appropriate `user.conf` for `git=ON` :)

FYI, after the update from 1.63.1 to 1.63.2 directadmin did not come up and I had to run:

systemctl start directadmin

to get it back up & running

debian 10

@wila, were there any errors in system journal or DA error log that would hint us why service failed to start?

@fln good question.
The /var/log/directadmin/error.log has this snippet:
2021:11:29-11:39:50: [ info] licence refreshed successfully 2021:11:29-15:14:25: [error] proxy request error error=context canceled url=http://unix/IMG_FAVICON 2021:11:29-15:14:25: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed. When this happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal. (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.) 2021:11:29-15:14:25: Error while sending file. Sent 0 2021:11:29-15:14:25: Send:sendData(/IMG_FAVICON): attempted to send 2355 bytes, but only 0 were delivered 2021:11:29-15:15:06: pid 31149 killed by signal 15 (data: {"data":"\u001b[1mUpdating DirectAdmin\u001b(B\u001b[m\n","finished":false} he ) 2021:11:29-15:24:56: [ info] licence refreshed successfully 2021:11:29-15:34:50: [ info] licence refreshed successfully

and /var/log/syslog has:
Nov 29 15:15:05 apollo systemd[1]: Configuration file /etc/systemd/system/startips.service is marked executable. Please r emove executable permission bits. Proceeding anyway. Nov 29 15:15:06 apollo systemd[1]: Stopping DirectAdmin Web Control Panel... Nov 29 15:15:07 apollo systemd[1]: directadmin.service: Killing process 2970 (n/a) with signal SIGKILL. Nov 29 15:15:07 apollo systemd[1]: directadmin.service: Succeeded. Nov 29 15:15:07 apollo systemd[1]: Stopped DirectAdmin Web Control Panel. Nov 29 15:15:07 apollo systemd[1]: directadmin.service: Consumed 1min 5.815s CPU time.

Note that I closed the popup in the browser where it says it is going to update directadmin, but that AFAIK should not affect the upgrade process.

FWIW, I removed the executable bit from startips.service, not sure if that was why.

I waited a couple of minutes for directadmin to come backup and checked with ps ax | grep -i directadmin if it was running and no processes there.

Hope this helps

Another stupid change, why now the automatic installation is forced instead of allowing to select the basic options in the "setup.sh" wizard and those who want to use the automatic installation, use the "auto" option in the execution of the script?
Now we have to create the paths and the CB files to be able to install the DA and the services as we want, without indicating the necessary permissions for the path "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/" and without sample files for "options. conf " and "php_extensions.conf".
I do not understand you, we use DA because we do not want excessive control of panels like Plesk and each step you take you become more like them.

@Yoshua, with this release we have upgraded the installation script, but we still have the same flexibility and options as as before.

The key change is that it is now controlled with the environment variables. You can find it in the docs here - https://docs.directadmin.com/gettin...ning-the-installation-with-predefined-options

Code:
DA_CHANNEL : Download channel: alpha, beta, current, stable, [commit-hash]
DA_EMAIL : Default email address
DA_HOSTNAME : Hostname to use for installation
DA_NS1 : pre-defined ns1
DA_NS2 : pre-defined ns2
DA_SKIP_FASTEST : do not check for fastest server
DA_SKIP_CSF : skip installation of CFS firewall
DA_SKIP_MYSQL_INSTALL: skip installation of MySQL/MariaDB
DA_SKIP_SECURE_PHP : skip disabling insecure PHP functions automatically
DA_SKIP_CUSTOMBUILD : skip all the CustomBuild actions

Not sure I understand what were you saying about CB paths thou. Could you please describe in more detail what configuration you would like to achieve with the installer?

@wila, nothing suspicious in the logs. Older DA versions I think used to have less tight systemd integration support (it was tracking pid from file rather than supervising directly started process). Line directadmin.service: Killing process 2970 (n/a) with signal SIGKILL is hinting that. A long shot at guessing the root cause is that you had quite old DA installation, but if it was 1.63.1 -> 1.63.2 update than I am out of ideas.

hello, after the update the user packages cannot be edited, I did the test on 3 servers and the same thing happens. in the new version

Attachments

• descarga (1).png
    descarga (1).png
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
@cimaserver Could you inspect the network panel of your browser and see if the URL /CMD_SHOW_USER_PACKAGE is loading fine and if possible attach its censored payload? That would help track down the issue a lot.

Using Evolution skin information about current DA version and license is simplified.

Simplified way too much :unsure:. All information about the license (Valid after/until, Time Remaining, License ID, Client ID, Validate License and Update License) are all gone. Why?

Since the update I see the following entry in the exim mainlog every minute

2021-11-30 10:27:01 cwd=/root 9 args: /usr/sbin/sendmail -FCronDaemon -i -odi -oem -oi -t -f root
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG <= [email protected] U=root P=local S=852 T="Cron <root@the> /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq" from <[email protected]> for root
2021-11-30 10:27:01 cwd=/var/spool/exim 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -odi -Mc 1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG == [email protected] R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (-29): User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG ** [email protected]: retry timeout exceeded
2021-11-30 10:27:01 cwd=/var/spool/exim 8 args: /usr/sbin/exim -odi -t -oem -oi -f <> -E1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LR-It <= <> R=1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG U=mail P=local S=2137 T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" from <> for [email protected]
2021-11-30 10:27:01 cwd=/var/spool/exim 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -odi -Mc 1mrzPh-0006LR-It
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LR-It User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LR-It == [email protected] R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (-29): User 0 set for local_delivery transport is on the never_users list
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LR-It ** [email protected]: retry timeout exceeded
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LR-It [email protected]: error ignored
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LR-It Completed
2021-11-30 10:27:01 1mrzPh-0006LJ-HG Completed

I noticed because my relay alert goes off every hour now, any idea what is going on here?

hi everyone, we have just pushed a hot-fix for the 1.63.2 release. Initial release build ID (commit) was af081e76870b2709b15475ed6ea5fd49548b201f, the hot-fix build is 77d8ed73f9a27ade41e54303ce872bdb06c8cbf0.

The hot-fix release includes two changes:
  • Evolution skin fix for user package management functionality, the issue was present only in servers without pro-pack license.
  • A fix to start suppressing all directadmin.conf related errors in dataskq.
Thanks for reporting the issues.

@Erulezz, regarding the licensing changes. We are slowly changing the licensing infrastructure and some of the fields are becoming obsolete. This is not the final version of the licensing page, some changes will come with next releases. Right now we just stripped parts of old infrastructure.

@Erulezz, regarding the licensing changes. We are slowly changing the licensing infrastructure and some of the fields are becoming obsolete. This is not the final version of the licensing page, some changes will come with next releases. Right now we just stripped parts of old infrastructure.
That makes sense, thanks. About ~10 years ago something went wrong with the DA update and my license and the license didn't renew on time. So my update routine was always to also manually update the license after every DA update to verify everything was still working as expected:)

but we still have the same flexibility and options as as before.
Does it? I don't like the /auto feature now being used automatically. How can we prevent that? We also use CSF for example, but have our own scripts to use with it for brute force detection.
But if automatic installation is forced now, that will become a bit of an issue. @Yoshua has a valid point there I think.

Does it? I don't like the /auto feature now being used automatically. How can we prevent that? We also use CSF for example, but have our own scripts to use with it for brute force detection.
But if automatic installation is forced now, that will become a bit of an issue. @Yoshua has a valid point there I think.
There is nothing you cannot do now that you could do before.

Code:
DA_SKIP_CSF=true ./setup.sh LK

And you get it skipped. Am I missing something here? :)

Back