DirectAdmin goes down time to time after update

Murat

Verified User
Hello,
I'm wondering is it just me or others having this issue too after new updates.
It started last week. I got message about all sites down. I checked directadmin and all services. It was all UP.
I restarted MySQL, didn't fixed the problem.
I restarted Litespeed, didn't fixed the problem.
I restarted every single service on services tab on DirectAdmin. Still, didn't fixed the problem.

So I restarted directadmin with command-line and after it reloaded, all sites came back online.

Today, same thing happened again. I restarted DirectAdmin and it is fixed.

What could be the issue? It started after updating to 1.6x last week.

Thank you.

Well, directadmin does not alert about sites being down, so do you use remote services to check your sites over HTTP/HTTPS? And the remote services alerted you about sites being inaccessible? Is it correct? If this is the case then it's not clear how restarting of DirectAdmin could fix the issue. And in this case you might need to check LiteSpeed logs for errors under /var/log/httpd/ and /usr/local/lsws/logs/

Or you mean that DirectAdmin sends emails about services being down? If this is the case then you might need to check directadmin logs under /var/log/directadmin/

Well, directadmin does not alert about sites being down, so do you use remote services to check your sites over HTTP/HTTPS? And the remote services alerted you about sites being inaccessible? Is it correct? If this is the case then it's not clear how restarting of DirectAdmin could fix the issue. And in this case you might need to check LiteSpeed logs for errors under /var/log/httpd/ and /usr/local/lsws/logs/

Or you mean that DirectAdmin sends emails about services being down? If this is the case then you might need to check directadmin logs under /var/log/directadmin/

uptimerobot is sending me alert. so alerts are not about directadmin.
when sites down, it sends alert to let me know. so check server for to see what's wrong. everything was seeming UP. Sites won't back online until I restart directadmin via command-line "systemctl restart directadmin".

on directadmin/error.log file I have this but there's no error during down time. It was down at 22:12. There was no error at that time.

Code:
2020:02:12-22:27:34: -> error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
2020:02:12-22:27:34: Can't connect to ssl!
2020:02:12-22:27:34: -> A failure in the SSL library occurred, usually a protocol error.
2020:02:12-22:27:34: -> error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
2020:02:12-22:34:56: Can't connect to ssl!
2020:02:12-22:34:56: -> A failure in the SSL library occurred, usually a protocol error.
2020:02:12-22:34:56: -> error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)
2020:02:12-22:36:48: Can't connect to ssl!
2020:02:12-22:36:48: -> A failure in the SSL library occurred, usually a protocol error.
2020:02:12-22:36:48: -> error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1)

Well, odd.

So I restarted directadmin with command-line and after it reloaded, all sites came back online.

Do you mean that you restarted/rebooted your server, or restarted directadmin daemon only?

If you did not reboot the server, then it does not give any idea on why restart of directadmin helped to solve the issue. Probably it's only a coincidence. And you should check all available logs on the server for the time-frame.

Well, odd.

Do you mean that you restarted/rebooted your server, or restarted directadmin daemon only?

If you did not reboot the server, then it does not give any idea on why restart of directadmin helped to solve the issue. Probably it's only a coincidence. And you should check all available logs on the server for the time-frame.

Only directadmin daemon using "systemctl restart directadmin" command.
When it was happened first time, I was thinking it was coincidence.
Now it happened again today, so I suspect.
If it's happen again, I will update this post.

Back