DirectAdmin user migration to different username (someuser to admin)

needhelppp

Verified User
Hi there.
I would need to migrate one user with its domains, websites, mail and all other data from 1 DA server to another, but another is Personal license, so only admin account is available. Whats is the best way to do that?

Also these 2 servers are/will be clustered in Multiserver (for DNS). What steps would you recommend doing to make all this migration smooth?

Thank You!

I believe this should work using the User Backups function. If you're logged in as admin, navigate to User-end permissions and go from there.

You can test your server connectivity when configuring Multi Server Setup. If you have exact copy of data on both servers, in terms of DNS at the very least your content should theoretically be available regardless but you should ensure your new server has all other necessities set up (i.e if you run a php application to have php compiled and running) as well as making sure versions are synced up so there are no compatibility issues.

The biggest problem is mysql databases are based on the username so those databases would have to be dumped and imported into new databases that you create from DA.

Damn. Maybe there is a way to migrate a user internally first? From otheruser to admin account? Then make a backup of admin account and import it on remote server? To avoid mysql issues on restore?
And to reply to SmallWeb: I don't even know how would that MultiServer migration work at all. Does it migrate only to exast same username? (I have never even seen a feature like that).
Thanks

Damn. Maybe there is a way to migrate a user internally first? From otheruser to admin account? Then make a backup of admin account and import it on remote server? To avoid mysql issues on restore?

The same situation exists locally. You can't simply switch to another username. The database names need to be changed as well and don't forget the scripts that use the databases need to be updated with the new database usernames and passwords.

Databases are not associated with domains in DA. Databases are associated with users only.

But it looks like the change_username.sh script might handle the databases as well. So I stand corrected. I have been away from the forum for several years and failed to keep up with all the changes.

well if that change username script works and changes everything properly, then the question is how to change it to EXISTING username admin. Because the issue here is to migrate websites, databases, etc from non-admin user to admin user, which is present always, on all DA systems.

Back