DirectAdmin v1.63.6 has been released

Is there a way to auto quarantine infected files found by ClamAV?

Maybe it's just my customers, but I trialed this tool and seems some emails in their trash folder are now tagged as virus and they reach out asking how to delete the virus and make a huge fuss over it. Auto quarantine would ease this by storing the files in a separate folder (maybe keep structure in case they want to restore if it breaks something)

Try installing Maldetect, it's a good system and puts your file into quarantaine.

Reactions: jca
Try installing Maldetect, it's a good system and puts your file into quarantaine.
Yeah I got it installed, but it doesn't offer a frontend/GUI for users to use which this tool does. Also Maldet works on background while this is more of a user initiated process, it's just cumberstone on how to delete a random email file infected with a trojan.

but it doesn't offer a frontend/GUI for users
That is correct, it's not for users. Neither is Clamav by the way.

If it's only mail in their trash folder, can't they just use imap, they can open the mail on their local system and have their own virusscanner "repair" things?

I wouldn't bother for a minute and if they fuzz I would tell them to contact their senders to take care not to send infected files over and complaint with them.

Is there a way to auto quarantine infected files found by ClamAV?
you could write a script to use the -remove flag
Code:
clamscan -r -remove /home/USER
or
you could use it to move them to a folder like
Code:
clamscan -r --move=/home/USER/VIRUS /home/USER

Back