DirectAdmin v1.643 has been released

@jamgames2 you are right, it was bit wired writing this hot-fix note.

The expected flow is to list all CB improvements in a shared DA + CB change-log and use hot-fix releases only to bump versions.txt for high impact security fixes. Things were a bit chaotic on a first CB+DA merge release, but I think we will polish out the release and change-log flow.
Is that a bug or just me? thanks

Snap1.jpg
Snap2.jpg

I know I'm a little late to the party.

But does this mean there won't be updates to Custombuild unless we update DirectAdmin to the latest version?

That appears to be the case. I updated to 1.643 and now custombuild is showing updates for mod_security, cURL, exim_conf, and MariaDB.

Not sure that I really like that.

That was one of the things that really set DirectAdmin apart from some other control panels. You actually focused just on the control panel and left everything else separate. You could update components through custombuild without having to update the control panel. So you could keep Exim up to date, while waiting for the latest DirectAdmin control panel update to settle.

That appears to no longer be possible.

I suppose I'll hold ultimate judgement until it's had some time to sort things out. But I'm not sure I see this as a forward move.

Not sure that I really like that.
Neither am I, check my post here or the previous page. However, @fln promised if DA was ready including everything, the updates would be better and without issues. So I also give them the chance to proove that.
If that works, it makes things a step easier for everybody.

Neither am I, check my post here or the previous page. However, @fln promised if DA was ready including everything, the updates would be better and without issues. So I also give them the chance to proove that.
If that works, it makes things a step easier for everybody.
I think they need come with mini request version with plugin(they tested for stable), example:
(plugin - directadmin version - cb version)
PHP 7.4.3 - af8c913146c2b78ca749a5177867f117f20a8829 - 2.0.0.29187

if you are 6880666f80571d8e5042394aa4005e9f333ce244 with cb 2.0.0.28100 , you can't update to 7.4.3

so when next gen is come, less bug, less problem for user.

In this version our custom language file doesn't work. This was an issue in recent updates as well but was then fixed. Now it seems broken again?

We have this in our directadmin.conf:
Code:
language=da
language_list=en:da

But after selecting Danish it still shows English everywhere, also after logging out and in again.

Last edited:
@Amplificator in this version login page and main evo translations are now in a single file. We have simplified custom translations loading so there is only one place where custom translations can be to be used. Please check the release notes for translations related changes.

@dafang it is on the roadmap, but it did not make it into the 1.644 release before the new feature freeze. I think we will have it for 1.645.

@Amplificator in this version login page and main evo translations are now in a single file. We have simplified custom translations loading so there is only one place where custom translations can be to be used. Please check the release notes for translations related changes.
I can't get that to work for some reason.

I added:
Code:
msgctxt "login-page"
to all the login-page items just like described in the release notes and shown in the dictionary.pot file. I then merged the two old language files as described in the release notes.
All my login-items looks like this:
Code:
#: src/js/login/components/send-code.vue:6
#: src/js/login/components/send-message.vue:5
msgctxt "login-page"
msgid "Username"
msgstr "Brugernavn"

I then created the "custom" folder in the correct location, chmod and chown the folder and new language file correctly and restarted DA. Doesn't work; the language doesn't show up in the dropdown: https://share.cleanshot.com/4huBDDJ60iVaiVy09dBT

EDIT:
I got it fixed. It turned out to be syntax errors in the .po file which 1.642 and earlier never cared about but 1.643 and later seems to be more strict about.
I checked the syntax with:
Code:
msgfmt -c da.po
and fixed each of them and now it works fine :)

Last edited:
I was recently forced to update an EOL server to continue using DA as the licensing locked me out of the control panel stating it needed to be updated. I set it via CL to auto update and it updated to this version of DA and I am now getting this error on site ssl's, thanks.

Subject: Error during automated certificate renewal for
Incorrect Usage: flag provided but not defined: -preferred-chain

NAME:
lego run - Register an account, then create and install a certificate

USAGE:
lego run [command options] [arguments...]

OPTIONS:
--no-bundle Do not create a certificate bundle by adding the issuers certificate to the new certificate.
--must-staple Include the OCSP must staple TLS extension in the CSR and generated certificate. Only works if the CSR is generated by lego.
--run-hook value Define a hook. The hook is executed when the certificates are effectively created.

2023/05/17 00:12:26 flag provided but not defined: -preferred-chain
Certificate generation failed.
<br>

I was recently forced to update an EOL server to continue using DA as the licensing locked me out of the control panel stating it needed to be updated. I set it via CL to auto update and it updated to this version of DA and I am now getting this error on site ssl's, thanks.

Subject: Error during automated certificate renewal for

NAME:

USAGE:

OPTIONS:
--no-bundle Do not create a certificate bundle by adding the issuers certificate to the new certificate.
--must-staple Include the OCSP must staple TLS extension in the CSR and generated certificate. Only works if the CSR is generated by lego.
--run-hook value Define a hook. The hook is executed when the certificates are effectively created.

2023/05/17 00:12:26 flag provided but not defined: -preferred-chain
Certificate generation failed.
<br>
Try:
Code:
da build lego

Thanks, I had the same result after running that command.

Version that is installed
# lego -v
lego version 3.8.0 linux/amd64

Seems it's missing a parameter on generation with the -preferred-chain flag provided but not defined response?

Cannot Execute Your Request​

Details

NAME:

USAGE:

OPTIONS:

2023/05/18 11:01:07 flag provided but not defined: -preferred-chain
Certificate generation failed.​

Back