DirectAdmin v1.643 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.643.

The biggest change in this release is an upgrade to the Evolution skin login application. New login screen allows making customizations directly from the Evolution GUI. Customizations allows changing the images or providing custom CSS styles. Other notable changes are upgraded Evolution menu customization support, and simplified custom Evolution translations support. Also a big change is that starting this version custombuild script will be bundled (and updated) together with DirectAdmin installation.

Release Changelog can can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.643

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

will the CB plugin automatically uninstalled?
This version does not touch CB plugin at all. If plugin is already installed it will stay installed, if it was not installed at upgrade time it will not be installed.

The only change is that CB script (not plugin) gets bundled together with DA update (in the DA install tarball).

After this update custombuild plugin stuck and keeps loading in some parts - Page data load time: 2.398 seconds
* build software tab
* customize versions tab is empty

Adding new database or FTP user wont show any pop-up while creating or deleting

Sounds like a bug full release

Going back to stable version wont fix the custombuild plugin, the rest is ok then.

to fix the issue on a few boxes it works, still the popups from the evolution skin is not working like it should

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
wget -O custombuild.tar.gz http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/2.0/custombuild.tar.gz
tar xvzf custombuild.tar.gz
cd custombuild

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build versions
./build clean

Code:
./build update
./build clean

Code:
./build set_fastest
./build update
./build custombuild_plugin

Last edited:
Reactions: fln
thanks @exlhost, Evolution notifications issue is patched in new build 37b1658c2946cf26b873f035e70c4735fedac2de. For custombuild being slower than before we will investigate this further - latest CB version available at http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/2.0/custombuild.tar.gz and the one packed with latest DA are not identical bet very similar.

Dont see CB version anymore
1663604349629.png

In Evolution skin there is no icon in licensing/updates

1663604516220.png

@exlhost CB plugin should work again in 6a46d57eced69eeb5e247e53a61b20d67c419b19 build.

@Active8, yes since CB is bundled with DA there is no need to have a separate version string. Starting this release custombuild version is the same as DirectAdmin version.

Hi;

I updated to the new version of DirectAdmin and the login page always opens with the default language "English".

I did the test both through Chrome and Firefox and, even selecting another language, just updating the page returns the default language English.

Is it possible to set another language as default?
Thanks.

Hi;

I updated to the new version of DirectAdmin and the login page always opens with the default language "English".

I did the test both through Chrome and Firefox and, even selecting another language, just updating the page returns the default language English.

Is it possible to set another language as default?
Thanks.
Isn't your browser's language English?

There are many things that bother me. When he logs into DA from a new browser, not all icons will load immediately. In addition, softaculous is not working properly

Isn't your browser's language English?

Yes @smtalk .
Browsers Chrome, Firefox and Windows 11 are in PT_BR language and always open as English.

I tried on an iPhone, Safari and everything in PT_RB and the login still appears as the default English language.

I cannot edit position menus in evolution skin. each time I save the settings, they are restored to the previous state

When entering admin back up and transfer on my iphone i get the following error. Im
Not sure if this happens on desktop as well !!

Git Fetch​

Remote is not set

Thanks for reporting this @paulonichio. This might be related to slight difference in language codes use by DA/Evolution and what we expect reported by the browsers. Could you please give us the output of executing `navigator.languages` in the dev console on your browser on any page. It should give out something like ['en-US', 'en'].

Thanks for reporting this @paulonichio. This might be related to slight difference in language codes use by DA/Evolution and what we expect reported by the browsers. Could you please give us the output of executing `navigator.languages` in the dev console on your browser on any page. It should give out something like ['en-US', 'en'].

Hi @fln
Firefox returns the following result:

[ "pt-BR", "pt", "en-US", "en" ]

Chrome returns:

['pt-BR', 'pt', 'en-US', 'en', 'ru']

Thanks!

We're also having issues with Softaculous not working across our servers.
I think many administrators are not yet aware of this problem. We have this problem on two servers. Some users have a blank page when they install the script. When I want to change the settings from the administrator position, I also get a blank page.

Softaculous support has been silent for 20 hours. However, the problem appeared after the DA update. Reverting back to the previous version did not help

I think many administrators are not yet aware of this problem. We have this problem on two servers. Some users have a blank page when they install the script. When I want to change the settings from the administrator position, I also get a blank page.

Softaculous support has been silent for 20 hours. However, the problem appeared after the DA update. Reverting back to the previous version did not help
Try running something like this (feel free to edit the PHP Handler).

It seems that Softaculous now runs from PHP 8.1 which may not be installed on your servers.

This is a one-liner I ran to get it working again:

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update && /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build set php4_release 8.1 && /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build set php4_mode lsphp && /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build php n

Try running something like this (feel free to edit the PHP Handler).

It seems that Softaculous now runs from PHP 8.1 which may not be installed on your servers.

This is a one-liner I ran to get it working again:

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update && /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build set php4_release 8.1 && /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build set php4_mode lsphp && /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build php n
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check if it helps and I'll know

Back