DirectAdmin v1.645 has been released

A new build of 1.645 4e699ad264538f8c57059873b3ebeb78e20f2e68 is released with the following changes:
  • Evolution fix to remove surplus email accounts count widget at the bottom of the page, reported in the ticketing system
  • CustomBuild fix to create missing symlinks to mysql client binary on fresh installs, thanks @MaXi32
Ok, so lets fix the clamav issue next. Tell us the workaround. Thanks.

The scripts had some minor changes, but the behaviour or the scripts should be identical. I can not reproduce the issue locally. I think it is not related to the update. Please open the support ticket so we could request SSH access and investigate it further.
So, I did the "obvious" test to just re-add and re-link the IPv6, it works now. So probably a bug on my installation

Updated today (so the latest version with updated hotfix). Debian Buster 10.

Same issue with CLAMAV. No support ticket possible as I have license via VPS/hoster.

After update get this message: This message has been automatically generated notifying you that the service clamav-daemon is currently down.

Also should I be seeing a different custombuild section in the GUI? It still looks exactly the same (had the plugin already installed)

Quick update on the failing ClamAV upgrade on the RHEL based systems (CentOS/Almalinux/Rockylinux). We got access to one of the affected machines where ClamAV installation failed with:

Code:
Failed to restart clamav-freshclam.service: Unit clamav-freshclam.service not found.

Normally clamav-freshclam.service is provided by the clamav-update OS package. On the affected machine the package was installed, but service file was missing:

Code:
# rpm -ql clamav-update | grep service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service
# stat /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service
stat: cannot statx '/usr/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service': No such file or directory

The problem was fixed by a forced reinstall of all ClamAV related packages, and running CustomBuild installer again (to perform DA related changes):

Code:
# yum reinstall clamav-server clamav-data clamav-update clamav-filesystem clamav clamav-scanner-systemd clamav-devel clamav-lib clamav-server-systemd
Is this ok [y/N]: y
# /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build clamav
Installing clamav...
Enabling clamd in systemd...
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/clamav-freshclam.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service.
Restarting freshclam.
Restarting clamd.
Restarting exim.
Done ClamAV.

We do not want to forcefully reinstall clamav packages for everyone, so we are not releasing a hot-fix at the moment. We will be checking to try and find the root cause how did it happen that OS package is already installed but missing some files that is part of the package.

Please note that this is applicable only for RHEL based systems. Tested out on Almalinux 8.

Updated today (so the latest version with updated hotfix). Debian Buster 10.

Same issue with CLAMAV. No support ticket possible as I have license via VPS/hoster.

After update get this message: This message has been automatically generated notifying you that the service clamav-daemon is currently down.

Also should I be seeing a different custombuild section in the GUI? It still looks exactly the same (had the plugin already installed)

@fln can you confirm what the solution would be for Debian Buster 10? Also how to check if the service is running? Maybe I can ignore the error message on my side.

I am also seeing an error with maldet.service (LFD?) this seems to be loaded but shows failed / failed under systemctl

1669303523559.png

I am also seeing an error with maldet.service (LFD?) this seems to be loaded but shows failed / failed under systemctl
If Clamav is present then maldet is configured to make use of Clamav, so it might be the Clamav issue is causing the maldet problem.

@fln are you sure that it works ?
Yes, build give no errors anymore but process are stopped

1669305095030.png

systemctl status freshclam
Unit freshclam.service could not be found.

1.645 RC was perfect, after 2 hotfixes still an mess, can you look at it ?
Code:
 systemctl status clamav-freshclam
● clamav-freshclam.service - ClamAV virus database updater
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2022-11-24 16:55:43 CET; 28s ago
     Docs: man:freshclam(1)
           man:freshclam.conf(5)
           https://docs.clamav.net/
  Process: 6675 ExecStart=/usr/bin/freshclam -d --foreground=true (code=exited, status=9)
 Main PID: 6675 (code=exited, status=9)

Nov 24 16:55:43 de1.ad.nl systemd[1]: Started ClamAV virus database updater.
Nov 24 16:55:43 de1.ad.nl freshclam[6675]: ERROR: No DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror servers set in freshclam config file.
Nov 24 16:55:43 de1.ad.nl freshclam[6675]: ERROR: Unable to find DatabaseMirror or PrivateMirror option(s) that specify database server FQDNs.
Nov 24 16:55:43 de1.ad.nl systemd[1]: clamav-freshclam.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=9/n/a
Nov 24 16:55:43 de1.ad.nl systemd[1]: clamav-freshclam.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I have fixed this error by editing :
Code:
 vi /etc/freshclam.conf
add in second row this:
Code:
DatabaseMirror database.clamav.net
restart
Code:
systemctl status clamav-freshclam

Code:
sudo freshclam
ClamAV update process started at Thu Nov 24 17:09:23 2022
daily.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 26730, sigs: 2012424, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)
main.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 62, sigs: 6647427, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
bytecode.cvd database is up-to-date (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)

1669306448160.png

Enjoy

Last edited:
Does the install.sh allow for a custom default admin username?

The problem is that the default user (we use to access the server) on our server is admin but directadmin also uses admin and its home directory.
And we also change the username from admin to something else (for security reasons) but still need the admin user to access the server.

We have integrated fresh-clam reinstall fix into new release 1a085e5b4996e5cac61034cc785a01e3bc7c68d2. It will detect missing service file and reinstall fresh-clam (with clamav-update package on RHEL and clamav-freshclam package on Debian). It will not show-up as a clamav upgrade, but can be triggered by just rebuilding ClamAV with /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build clamav command.

@Active8, you are right only reinstalling clamav-freshclam is not enough if config file is not complete. The hot-fix tries to reuse OS provided config file to avoid the problem.

@realcryptonight default admin account user name can be changed by setting DA_ADMIN_USER environment variable when calling setup.sh.

@realcryptonight they are not needed anymore, please use to our new docs site. The old one is there just to keep old links working, but I suppose it is time to start sunsetting it.

And lets keep this thread to the discussions related to the new DA release :).

all overnight ftp backups failed error pops up now on 3 boxes after the curl os update?

Just did a test :

User ... has been backed up. <8:52:12>
ftp_upload.php exit code: 18
ftp_upload.php output: curl: (18) server did not report OK, got 450
curl return code: 18
<8:52:45>
Please see this URL and check for curl exit code '(18)': https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=2127

Although a backup error has occurred, the upload of valid backups would have still been attempted to

Code:
curl 7.61.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.61.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1k zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.6 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.20.2 (+libidn2/2.2.0) libssh/0.9.6/openssl/zlib nghttp2/1.33.0
Release-Date: 2018-09-05
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IDN IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz brotli TLS-SRP HTTP2 UnixSockets HTTPS-proxy PSL

curl: /usr/bin/curl /usr/include/curl /usr/share/man/man1/curl.1.gz

And there is an new hotfix pushed, please enlight us what was changed this time ?
I think that DA made an big mistake with switching to OS controlled software, for now we have postponed DA update on all our servers (except 1 I am testing) its looks its not finished yet.
@exlhost although we have other problems with this release DA backups run fine (Almalinux 8,7)

Last edited:
curl 7.61.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.61.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1k zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.6 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.20.2 (+libidn2/2.2.0) libssh/0.9.6/openssl/zlib nghttp2/1.33.0 Release-Date: 2018-09-05
That is correct, DA controlled cURL had 7.85, but OS controlled have 7.61.1 see my other post regarding this

Back