DirectAdmin v1.645 has been released

We have released one more update for the DA 1.645, new build ID 30cd03daedb733941699b43d01dbf000c58526c5, with the following changes:
  • For fresh DA installations we ensure gcc is installed before installing CSF. Older builds would silently fail to compile a CSF plugin helper binary, because gcc was not yet present on the system resulting in a CSF plugin not working on a fresh DA install. Anyone affected by this can fix it by re-installing CSF via CustomBuild.
  • PHP 8.0 version update to 8.0.26
  • PHP 8.1 version update to 8.1.13
  • PHP 8.2 version update to 8.2.0
  • proftpd version update to 1.3.8
  • ioncube version update to 12.0.4

We have released one more update for the DA 1.645, new build ID 30cd03daedb733941699b43d01dbf000c58526c5, with the following changes:
  • For fresh DA installations we ensure gcc is installed before installing CSF. Older builds would silently fail to compile a CSF plugin helper binary, because gcc was not yet present on the system resulting in a CSF plugin not working on a fresh DA install. Anyone affected by this can fix it by re-installing CSF via CustomBuild.
  • PHP 8.0 version update to 8.0.26
  • PHP 8.1 version update to 8.1.13
  • PHP 8.2 version update to 8.2.0
  • proftpd version update to 1.3.8
  • ioncube version update to 12.0.4
Hi

Do you know when the sorting issue on the Admin E-mail Tracking page that I filed out for ticket #45218 will be resolved? I would just like to be able to sort the page from newest to oldest. It worked fine before I updated to this version.

Thank you.

Do you know when the sorting issue on the Admin E-mail Tracking page that I filed out for ticket #45218 will be resolved? I would just like to be able to sort the page from newest to oldest. It worked fine before I updated to this version.
@sld2349 your request was logged in out tracker and Evo developers already have an update to restore sorting in the our dev environment. We expect it to show up in alpha release channel in a couple of days. It will get released into current with DA 1.646.

@sld2349 your request was logged in out tracker and Evo developers already have an update to restore sorting in the our dev environment. We expect it to show up in alpha release channel in a couple of days. It will get released into current with DA 1.646.
Thank you!

Hello,
something wrong with Apache + PHP fastcgi

At DirectAdmin v1.645 after Apache update or recompile (./build apache n), PHP scripts don`t work, domain error log shows:
(104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
End of script output before headers: test.php

/var/log/httpd/suexec_log shows:

uid: (1092/username) gid: (1094/username) cmd: fcgid80.sh
target uid/gid (1092/1094) mismatch with directory (996/1000) or program (996/1000)

#suexec -V is missing "-D AP_SAFE_DIRECTORY="/usr/local/safe-bin", current output:

#suexec -V
-D AP_DOC_ROOT="/"
-D AP_GID_MIN=100
-D AP_HTTPD_USER="apache"
-D AP_LOG_EXEC="/var/log/httpd/suexec_log"
-D AP_SAFE_PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"
-D AP_PER_DIR="yes"
-D AP_UID_MIN=100
-D AP_USERDIR_SUFFIX="public_html"

If we change DirectAdmin version back to v1.644 (stable) and recompile Apache, everything works fine. So I think v1.645 have mistake at suexec patch.

hello,

we have a problem after upgrade ProFTPd 1.3.7e to 1.3.8. on almalinux 8
proftpd not start and we get the message:

proftpd[1751162] xx.xx.xx.xx : mod_sftp/1.1.1: Server 'ProFTPd': cannot support both FTPS (TLSEngine on) and SFTP (SFTPEngine on) for the same host.

Last edited:
hello,

we have a problem after upgrade ProFTPd 1.3.7e to 1.3.8. on almalinux 8
proftpd not start and we get the message:

proftpd[1751162] xx.xx.xx.xx : mod_sftp/1.1.1: Server 'ProFTPd': cannot support both FTPS (TLSEngine on) and SFTP (SFTPEngine on) for the same host.

It's been fixed in alpha build, we're still thinking if we should auto-remove custom configs in next update of DA, if there are any configs for SFTP. The fix with alpha would be:

Code:
da update alpha
rm -f /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/proftpd/conf/proftpd.conf
rm -f /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/proftpd/conf/proftpd.sftp.conf
./build proftpd

NOTE that it uses port 23 by default, if you had another port used for ProFTPd, please apply it in custom configuration.

Reactions: Kal
Hello,
something wrong with Apache + PHP fastcgi

At DirectAdmin v1.645 after Apache update or recompile (./build apache n), PHP scripts don`t work, domain error log shows:

/var/log/httpd/suexec_log shows:

#suexec -V is missing "-D AP_SAFE_DIRECTORY="/usr/local/safe-bin", current output:

If we change DirectAdmin version back to v1.644 (stable) and recompile Apache, everything works fine. So I think v1.645 have mistake at suexec patch.
I was unable to reproduce it. Even after apache re-compilation.

Code:
# /usr/sbin/suexec -V 2>&1 | grep 'AP_PER_DIR'
 -D AP_PER_DIR="yes"

Would you mind creating a support ticket on it? (even if your license has no support, just name that an exception has been given for this case)

Thank you!

if we should auto-remove custom configs in next update of DA, if there are any configs for SFTP.

Actually there is should not be any auto-remove of custom configs. But if you need it, then rename custom configs instead of removing them, and I'd expected to see a warning about it or even a ticket for and admin after and before upgrade of ProFTPd.

Just for your reference.

Actually there is should not be any auto-remove of custom configs. But if you need it, then rename custom configs instead of removing them, and I'd expected to see a warning about it or even a ticket for and admin after and before upgrade of ProFTPd.

Just for your reference.
If we do this, we'd check if md5sum matches original file (c66fa5c576426d50a5eec1965fcb02fa) from files1. And 1b44ddd6214a4aa94235ae9c3c227fb9 for proftpd.sftp.conf. So that we'd be sure port 23 was used, and non-working config as well :) Would you see any problems with it?

Would you see any problems with it?

No, I would not. There is no problem if you rewrite the original version of the file proftpd.sftp.conf, i.e. if md5sum of the file matches yours. It's a very good option (y) .

rm -f /usr/local/directadmin/custom/proftpd/conf/proftpd.conf
rm -f /usr/local/directadmin/custom/proftpd/conf/proftpd.sftp.conf

By the way, is it a typo or DirectAdmin is about to change a folder for custom configs?

No, I would not. There is no problem if you rewrite the original version of the file proftpd.sftp.conf, i.e. if md5sum of the file matches yours. It's a very good option (y) .

By the way, is it a typo or DirectAdmin is about to change a folder for custom configs?
Typo, edited my original post. Thank you for the report!

we're still thinking if we should auto-remove custom configs in next update of DA
This means custom script from @zEitEr would not work anymore then ?
I am talking about this script that works flawless now for years :

One more update for DA 1.645 (build 4c6940b34d995a6418287b8b89b4471eb07a9c19).

Without this update manually editing options.conf and php_extensions.conf in an unsafe manner could lead to duplicate values appearing in the file. Unsafe editing is when file is being truncated and rewritten in multiple steps rather than using single atomic file swap operation. DirectAdmin and CustomBuild internally always use atomic config updates but for example editing config with text editors would not result in atomic file update and could potentially trigger a situation when config entries would get duplicated.

With this update even slow multi-step config file editing operations will not lead to duplicate entries appearing in the file.

This has been quite a rollercoaster reading this thread.

Unfortunately, my Admin Backups still don't work for me:

Code:
ftp_upload.php exit code: 18
ftp_upload.php output: curl: (18) server did not report OK, got 426
curl return code: 18

Directadmin: 4c6940b34d995a6418287b8b89b4471eb07a9c19
Curl: curl 7.58.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

I cannot create a ticket as I have a host owned license.

hi @ZipperZapper in general FTP 4xx errors are transient errors reported from the server side. It means there is some kind of incompatibility between the server FTP software and client FTP software. It is hard to tell if the fault lies on client or on server without digging deeper. If the same server used to work but stopped working it can most likely be solved by changing client side parameters. Without access to a live system and access to FTP server it is not possible to investigate this further.

The system has been working flawless for years. It started breaking recently with the v1.645 wave of updates.
The most recent version did not fix it. On the other end of the line, nothing has changed.

What steps can I take to fix this?

Last edited:
Back