DirectAdmin v1.647 has been released

I wish the menu option was actually how DA looked to an end user!

All these boxes make it look dated!

Could you briefly expand on this? Which menu option and boxes?
Using the refreshed theme all the icons have a line around them - think it would look better if they were removed

If you look at the image posted at the beginning of the thread - ‘the options menu’

If the actual interface had that style I think it would look nicer.

I must admit - making default subdomain docroot something configurable (in directadmin.conf) is a fair feature request. Still we are a bit reluctant to jump on it right away.
Just revert this or make it configurable!
You guys are "a bit reluctant" to make this change but you can change this to new defaults without some feedback.

A new build is released 4540bd9f216fde4b55ea111caaa3939c1b12ef72 with CustomBuild changes:
  • Software upgrades, redis 7.0.9, imagemagick 7.1.0-62, nginx uint 1.29.1.
  • Script update to ensure that switching from suphp to other PHP mode would ensure old suphp apache config is removed. Without this change switching from suphp to other PHP mode would leave dangling suphp config.

A new build de5c3a06b69527436608ad309b4fcbce92d583cd is released:
  • Install script is fixed to prevent the issue reported in this thread
  • An important security fix for DirectAdmin service, we will not be disclosing the details regarding the issue but we recommend to everyone to upgrade.

A new build de5c3a06b69527436608ad309b4fcbce92d583cd is released:
  • Install script is fixed to prevent the issue reported in this thread
  • An important security fix for DirectAdmin service, we will not be disclosing the details regarding the issue but we recommend to everyone to upgrade.
Can we please have all hotfixes published to the change log?

The current process of posting hotfixes in the forum makes understanding the changelog difficult and somewhat pointless (if they're not all in the same place).

I'm sure there are hosts here with many licenses like us who want a consistent place to see changes and updates.

Is it that hard to add a 'Hotfix' section to https://docs.directadmin.com/changelog/version-1.647.html

@fln A bug with the new document root system for subdomains:
When you delete a subdomain, and check "remove directory", the directory does not get deleted.

@k1l0b1t, yes this a known issue, it is already fixed in alpha release channel, we expect to release it with DA 1.648. We are not releasing this as a hot-fix because the same issue was present in all previous DA versions, not some regression with DA 1.647.

Since the build de5c3a06b69527436608ad309b4fcbce92d583cd, the link to custombuild feature seems not present with enhanced skin :

Capture d’écran du 2023-03-18 15-50-06.png

It worked fine before this update

@fln I was just pointed to something which makes it unclear for customers and I wondered as to why this can happen.

I thought with the new documentroot for subdomains, all would stay the same and users could change the docroot themselves.
But if you have an old system now and already subdomains present, creating a new subdomain will show it like this:

1679159110960.png
First one is the already existing subdomain.
I totally agree that this is very confusing for existing users, which already have subdomains. Not only suddenly another docroot, but also this "custom!" button which scares people as if something is wrong.

Oke if the user uses the pencil then he can choose "default" and save, which makes both default again.

But why making life this difficult when not needed? Why are docroots for subdomains not just created as they were, so with default setup. And then the user can use the pencil to create a custom setup if/when needed.
This would show both here default, making things more clear for the user, less confusion and no need to change things back to default.

Or maybe is there a directadmin.conf switch where this odd behaviour can be set normal again so new subdomain docroots are created default again?

Thanks @Erulezz for the information.

Terrible news tbh. I tried to switch to Evolution last year, but just couldn't work with it. Would there be a chance to re-add the link for enhanced skin (either for the old plugin or the native integration)? Thanks!
Same on my side... For me the Enhanced skin is really more practical and intuitive.

Terrible news tbh. I tried to switch to Evolution last year, but just couldn't work with it. Would there be a chance to re-add the link for enhanced skin (either for the old plugin or the native integration)? Thanks!
Enhanced skin is still available but don't expect Custommbuild plugin will be included, DA just stopped CB for this skin
Downloading older skin would not help, plugin will simply not work (well)
As workaround we are switching to Evolution when we want to edit CB options, after making changes we are switching back to Enhanced again

I understand it's probably nobdy's but my own problem, but safety routines always work best when they are easy and you can operate them in minimal time. All workarounds have the disadvantage that they will take longer (even just slightly) and reduce the number of updates I will actually do in real life.

The switch back to Enhanced is buggy, for example, and a bit more complicated, at least for some of us. ( https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/user-level-skin-broken.66937/#post-351950 )

but safety routines always work best when they are easy and you can operate them in minimal time.
Yes well... that is certainly not true. In the beginning a couple of times things went wrong with the GUI versions, which went not wrong via the console normal way. Extra things which are build, can cause extra issues. So easy does certainly not always work better.
And sometimes it's good to learn some more real admin stuff.
The benefit is that it's a quite easy few commands and at a certain point you get quite quick at it. I will gladly help you with that if you want.

and a bit more complicated, at least for some of us.
Yes that's the language issue, it's known. I'm not happy with that either, I find it an easy fix, but costs unneeded extra time and irritation. It shoulnd't be to too hard to fix that for DA imho, but they still did not fix that.

@Strator FYI. I had the same language issue, applied the fix manually and I can now switch to and from Enhanced to Evo and back without issues already for some time. I have forgotten to mention that.

Back