DirectAdmin v1.647 RC

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.647 RC.

As usual release brings some new features combined with improvements of existing features and bug fixes. Key new features are - ability to easily set up email accounts on iOS (and other Apple devices) by downloading email configuration (PRO PACK only). Upgraded Evolution menu customizations page. Improved DirectAdmin licensing tolerance to network outages. New default path for subdomain document roots (directory for website data).

Full release change log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.647

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the beta release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks

Why was the obsolete browser notification removed again?
It had some quirks we were not happy with and decided to improve it and postpone it until next release :) .

it is possible promote the version 1.646 from current to stable before the release of 1.647 to current?

Reactions: fln
Tested DA 1.647 on Almalinux 9 and did not encounter any (technical) problems

Last edited:
Nice update, it finally fixes the graphical bugs in Evo that I reported, thanks. I find it odd that the Apple Config download feature is only available for the Propack. Autodiscover for Outlook would also be great... The update is now active on 2 of my development systems and I played around with it and translated everything, noticed the following:

• There is a bug in the new menu editor, when you deactivate an item, it is grayed out, but when you click on it again, the checkbox ist still checked and the item also appears in the customer interface.

• "loading" is still not translatable (the header of the loading box)

• The information in the statistics (Your Account) on the right side (Icons Grid) for "Domain" and "Active Since" are now centered, it pulls the values together so that they occupy 4 lines instead of one as before.

• In non-logged mode, the title (html title tag) is always " Evolution | DirectAdmin "

• PreLoader icon is still not customizable

• Maintenance: Translations are missing (I personally don't find this important), what bothers me more is that I can't migrate the subdomain document roots individually, but have to migrate them all at once, which is suboptimal

• Systeminfo: The third «Load Average» value is '10 min', shouldn't it be '15 min'?

Last edited:
@apogee thanks a lot for the feedback, all the issues you have mentioned will be fixed before 1.647 final release, except maintenance translations. Messages for maintenance tasks comes from backend maintenance module where we do not want to bring in the translations subsystem. We expect them to be used only by server administrators.

Please note that maintance task for the sub-domain docroots is not migration to the new location! It just configures the old default sub-domain docroot as custom docroot.

For example, lets say you have user john which has domain example.net and subdomain sub.example.net and user uses the old default docroot. The docroot (website files) will be in /home/john/domains/example.net/public_html/sub. When you run the maintenance task sub-domain configuration will be updated to say it has custom document root pointing to exactly same direcoty /home/john/domains/example.net/public_html/sub. The user files will not be touched just the GUI will report that docroot was customized but the actual location of docroot is still the same as it was before. This is a small step towards changing the internal default. Internal default (if domain has no custom docroot) is still /home/{user}/domains/{domain}/public_html/{sub}, we want to ensure that nobody relies on the internal default so we could flip internal default to point to /home/{user}/domains/{sub}.{domain}/public_html.

In other words it is completely safe to run the maintenance task for everyone. Our plan is to never touch user files, since they might have shared code with the main domain or hard coded file path locations. All old subdomain files will stay where they are but will be treated as custom docroots by the DA.

Last edited:
user uses the old default docroot. The docroot (website files) will be in /home/john/domains/example.net/sub.
The old docroot for subdomains would be in /home/john/domanis/example.net/public_html/sub which is still the default as far as I know, or is that changing in the near future?

@fln
Thanks in advance for fixing the bugs.

Also thanks for the explanation, unfortunately this was nowhere obvious, so I assumed the data would be copied/moved (which would be suboptimal as we have several customers with owncloud setups and other extremely space-intensive subdomains).

Speaking of the document root, do you have any plans to finally customize the document root for the main domain via the GUI? This is very important for customers using Contao, Codeigniter and many other systems. From my point of view this should not be a big deal since the code from the subdomain area already exists.

Thanks for the explanations about the translations, as I said, I don't care, on the contrary, I personally prefer all admin layouts in English and only translated end user sections (but everything there).

Edit:
I see that there is now an explanation of the subdomain migration in DA, but when I now click on "fix" the following message appears: "Unable to reach network. Please check your internet connection."

14 Feb 2023

PHP 8.2.3 Released!

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 8.2.3. This is a security release that addresses CVE-2023-0567, CVE-2023-0568, and CVE-2023-0662.
All PHP 8.2 users are advised to upgrade to this version.

@fln @smtalk can we include this in the upcoming release? In the docs i see version 8.2.2 and 8.1.15

Yes that’s what i also hope. I can’t remember the last time the PHP team released an extra update for security fixes next to their monthly releases.

The files are already on the DA files server

Since the files are already on files.directadmin.com I started upgrading by just using custom_versions.txt

Code:
php81:8.1.16:
php82:8.2.3:

(y)

Back