Directadmin VS CWP

davidd1

Verified User
Hello, and sorry for my bad English.

One of our client have website that only support PHP 5.2.X and all our servers with 5.6+ / 7.0 / 7.1...
So.. I create VM for him and Install free Control Panel (http://centos-webpanel.com/ - first time to install that) becuase he only want some time that he can work/fix code and move to PHP 7+

Before you read all this i must to say that = I ALWAYS BE WITH DIRECTADMIN AND I'll ALWAYS BE! (BEST CONTROL PANEL EVER)
But ... after i install CWP i see lots of stuff that i'll be happy to have them in Directadmin:

1) Dashboard very nice :)
I know directadmin create new https://demo.directadmin.com:2222/ but still thak a look...

CWP7.admin1.png

2) Create user:
When create new user in CWP i have very helpful option:
Limit number of processes (in %)

3) Setting
Show /etc/sysconfig/selinux file
CWP7.admin3.png

4) Setting
Show all Yum Manager
CWP7.admin4.png

5) Setting - Reboot the server (don't now if this useful).

6) PHP SETTING
CWP7.admin5.png
PHP INFO - i know this is 2 sec to create file info.php with <?phpinfo()?> but it's still nice to have it with one click... to see all mudoles.
PHP Selector - I know this is in CB2 (and we use it. but in cb2 i only use 2 php version - here i can choose all version and even PHP 5.2.X)
Simple PHP.ini editor to quick edit memory_limit + upload_max_filesize + post_max_size + max_execution_time + display_errors + etc...

6) SSH:
CPU INFO
Bandwidth Monitor with rx_bytes + tx_bytes (with all ethX)

MySQL Process List:
+------+------+-----------+----------+---------+------+-------+------------------+----------+
| Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info | Progress |
+------+------+-----------+----------+---------+------+-------+------------------+----------+
| 5635 | root | localhost | root_cwp | Sleep | 0 | | | 0.000 |
| 5636 | root | localhost | root_cwp | Sleep | 0 | | | 0.000 |
| 5637 | root | localhost | | Query | 0 | init | show processlist | 0.000 |
Uptime: 55537 Threads: 3 Questions: 14271 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 417 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 411 Queries per second avg: 0.256

SysStat Graph

7) Services Config:
Start-up Services
Chkconfig manager
Services Monitoring (for systemd services)

8) User account
Migration from cPanel (I remmeber that smtalk build some tool but here it's buildin)

9) SQL
MongoDB one click install

10) Security
edit /etc/security/limits.conf
security_UserProcess
User Monitoring

11) there is alot more...

Please don't say that directadmin is Only Panel and not server panel ...
Like: if in directadmin we have Process Monitor (top command) why we can have MySQL Process List...

Thank you :)

Last edited:
I will tell you a story I have tried lots of panels paid and free. I have used every panel but DA until recent. Why you ask because on the outside (the pretty parts) its just old looking. Like they say never judge a book by its cover.. I am guilty I did. I avoided DA. Sad part is I bet other have to. So I tried interworx, plesk, cpanel, webmin, cwp, and ISPconfig.. to name a few. Many are good. Most could be better. So I told myself you never gave DA a good try. I said Look they are improving their GUI. The quality in what DA has is good. Feature list could be added to but what is here is good. I would agree more builtin monitoring is good. I also agree user account migration should be included and have for sure cpanel and plesk.

Back