Disabling Apache and Nginx

jayw1

Hi,

I'm looking to migrate to DirectAdmin but have some questions.

• I want to use OpenLiteSpeed. Can I disable Apache and Nginx completely?
  • Does the OLS Web Admin work?
  • Can I manage OLS from within DirectAdmin?
Thanks!

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
I want to use OpenLiteSpeed. Can I disable Apache and Nginx completely?
CustomBuild would do this automatically. If you want to do this using command line: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=2095

Does the OLS Web Admin work?
Yes, it does, but is read-only though. If you'd like it to be read-write, you may place a feature request for OLS developers.

Can I manage OLS from within DirectAdmin?
May you explain this one? DirectAdmin automatically creates virtualhost and other configuration for OLS. For example, if you create password protected directory - it'd auto-generate configs for you (it has full integration).

jayw1

May you explain this one? DirectAdmin automatically creates virtualhost and other configuration for OLS. For example, if you create password protected directory - it'd auto-generate configs for you (it has full integration).
I was thinking about changing OLS settings from within DA, but I guess that's what the WebAdmin is for.
So, where would all the relevant files be since I can't make changes in OLS WebAdmin?
Also, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Redis to work, is there a guide somewhere? It was very easy on my current CyberPanel server.

VMH-Khan

Verified User
I was thinking about changing OLS settings from within DA, but I guess that's what the WebAdmin is for.
So, where would all the relevant files be since I can't make changes in OLS WebAdmin?
Also, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Redis to work, is there a guide somewhere? It was very easy on my current CyberPanel server.
As WebAdmin of Openlitespeed is read only you have to manually change files
For more Ref: https://openlitespeed.org/kb/directadmin-configuration-files/