Disabling SpamBlocker for a specific domain

miked

Verified User
Hello I am using: SpamBlocker.exim.conf.2.1.1-release on FreeBSD box and have a client that wants ALL spam processing/filtering off. I am using Spamblocker and SA. I have already disabled SA for him but cannot seem to figure out how shut down the spamblocker for him (or if it is even possible.).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

SpamBlocker only works for domains in the file /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains.

If the domain name isn't in that file, then email isn't going through SpamBlocker.

You don't have to restart exim when you change that file.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Will removing from /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains have any other effects for that account?

ok just removed from /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains and now get this error:
Remote host said: 550 authentication required when sending an email to the removed domain from external address.

Any ideas?

550 authentication required

This comes from the sending server not the receiving server. This is a problem with the sever you are using to send the mail from.

Thank Floyd. Once I removed that domain from the /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains it started with that error. The reason I tested it was I noticed all of the errors in the log.

I put him back into /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains and no more error.

Any ideas?

Are you sure that /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains isn't a symlink to /etc/virtual/domains?

Grant

You are right it is a symlink.

Any ideas on how to get that account to not process but still function?

Code:
rm -f /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains
cp /etc/virtual/domains /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains

Then use your text editor and remove the domain you no longer want to have the RBLs applied to from /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains.

Grant

Does that mean I would have to manually add domains to this folder/file when they are created?

There are two commercial products offered in these forums that may work with current versions of SpamBlocker. Search these forums for exim.conf editor plugin and for for SpamBlocker plugin. Note that these are commercial products from vendors other than DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Back