Dns soa problems

Nova Web LTD

Verified User
Good morning,

I set two DNS servers and each one has 2 dedicated IP address.
I set the server as described in the following guidelines:

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=97

This is the configuration I obtained:
SERVER HOSTING >>> SERVER DNS1
SERVER HOSTING >>> SERVER DNS2

However, this configuration has encountered SOA problems: "Looks like your nameservers do not agree on the SOA serial. Ths SOA records as reported by your nameservers".

I would like to set this configuration:
SERVER HOSTING >>> SERVER DNS1
SERVER DNS1 >>> SERVER DNS2

So I have to set one of DNS server as a slave as if I use two master it has this problem.
How can I proceed?

system Debian 8 + Directadmin

Hello,

If you are going to use Directadmin's feature to run DNS in multiserver environment you don't need to do anything on named's side. It's Directadmin which should take care of it.

All what you need is to point your IPs, enable multiserver in directadmin and add A-server into B-server, and B-server into A-server on Multiserver page in Directadmin and enable exchange of DNS zones. Transferring zones should solve the issue with disagreement on SOA records.

Dirty multi server Directadmin does not work right:
example
Https://intodns.com/pastosrl.it

Looks like your nameservers do not agree on the SOA serial. Ths SOA records as reported by your nameservers:
149.202.45.113 -> 2017042503
149.202.51.150 -> 2017042502
51.254.151.230 -> 2017042503
51.254.158.247 -> 2017042502
This can cause some serious problems that is why you should fix this asap.

OK, it works for me and others. If it does not work in your case we need to find out what is wrong. So please post here screenshots of multiserver pages from the both servers, and results of testing connections between the servers from the pages.

server hosting
server-hosting.jpg

server dns01
dns01.jpg

The DN02 server does not have any active multi server configuration,
* Receives from DNS01 server

And what are results of testing connections between the servers from the pages?

OK, from this point it looks fine.

You should check logs to find more clues. Or even run directadmin in debug mode. Or get someone to check it for you from inside.

We need to get more information, a text of an error would be fine.

Back