dns_*.conf templates and more

adam12

Verified User
This is a three part question. I've searched both the forums and the feature kb without success, so asking it here.

First question: Is it outlined anywhere how the dns_*.conf files actually function? I've seen examples that perform assignment (php=1.2.3.4) which apparently creates a record with that key/value structure following some sort of template guide? I'd love a bit more information on this.

Second question: I'm working on a service that will perform the autodiscover/autoconfig function that Thunderbird/Outlook/etc will accept for automatically configuring mail settings. It requires a CNAME and a few SRV records (for my implementation). Should I be customizing named.db and adding them there, or customizing each dns_*.conf template for each set of records I need?

Third question: Is there a list of tokens available for each file in templates/ or is my best option the |DUMPTOKENS| token?

Hello,

Copy the template file

Code:
cp -p /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/dns_srv.conf /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom

and update

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/dns_srv.conf

with your instructions. Changes will effect only new domains. Existing zones won't be updated to have new SRV records unless you reset them to defaults.

Hardly |DUMPTOKENS| will work for DNS zones... anyway feel free to test it on your own.

To get more information please ask specific questions.

Back