Domain already exists?

etegration

Verified User
I need to add a domain into a reseller's account but DA keeps reporting that domain already exist, i do not see it anywhere when i list all user's domain names. Why so?

It could be due to some restore i did in the past but what file needs to be edited in order to remove this linkage?

If your sure another user isn't using it try removing the domain from your domain list in the DA data files

So you might want to check
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/domains
and
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/domains.list

and if its in there try removing it then adding your domain through the control panel again.

I have run into this problem by creating a site and then deleting a site. This might also happen if you quit or walked away and disconected or something like that during one of the times that you tried to install.

The problem was that if I deleted a site. It would not remove it from the DNS records. And one of the checks that DA must do before creating a site is to look in there. So I found that by going to DNS administratino and deleting the records for the site there, I could then create the site that I wanted.

hope it helps,
Brandt

motobrandt said:
I have run into this problem by creating a site and then deleting a site. This might also happen if you quit or walked away and disconected or something like that during one of the times that you tried to install.

The problem was that if I deleted a site. It would not remove it from the DNS records. And one of the checks that DA must do before creating a site is to look in there. So I found that by going to DNS administratino and deleting the records for the site there, I could then create the site that I wanted.

hope it helps,
Brandt

Thanks motobrandt, that solved it!

Back