Domain Problem

The domain is being 'parked' with 123reg, you will need to specify the nameservers of your server for it to link to your DirectAdmin account.

Chris

What does all you technical jargon mean? I know I do websites but I'm not that advanced yet!

Let's start, Leanne, by pointing out that this has got nothing to do with a new-server checklist.

I hope that one of the board supervisors will move this trhead somewhere appropriate.

But I'm not sure there is anywhere appropriate in the DirectAdmin forums as this isn't a DirectAdmin issue at all.

Leanne, when your client bought her domain name she told the "registrar" she bought it from to "park" it for her.

Now she has to tell them to point it to the nameservers specified by the company she's buying the webhosting from.

The fact that she's using a company that uses DirectAdmin is entirely immaterial.

Your client should get the nameserver information from whomever she purchased hosting, and then tell her registrar to change the nameservers on her domain.

As soon as they do that, the site will become usable on the hosting provider's system.

Further information might best be obtained from the hosting provider.

Jeff

Back