EasySpamFighter 1.31 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
New version of ESF 1.31 which has a fix in the esf_skip_ips path, which was incorrectly set to esf_skip_ip in the variables.conf.
If you did figure out the bug and used the wrong bug path, you'll need to ensure you rename /etc/virtual/esf_skip_ip to be /etc/virtual/esf_skip_ips
If you followed the documentation, then the skip should work correctly now.

The 1.30 version (was not pushed), changes the ESF check_message.conf to not run the "spam = " calls (spamd isn't triggered) if the connection is ESF whitelisted (acl_c_esf_skip)

The 1.29 version (from 1.28) has changes where a whiltelisted IP (acl_m_is_whitelisted) will not run SPF scans for the "spf = fail" case.
The 1.29 version has has a few more logging entries.

To update, run:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build eximconf
or run the exim config rewrite from the CustomBuild 2.0 plugin.

All diffs for 1.31 can be found here:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/easy_spam_fighter/1.31/diff/

and 1.29->1.29:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/easy_spam_fighter/1.29/diff/

There was a 1.30 version but it was never pushed. It's changes are included in the 1.31 version.

John

I am not impressed by the name change. We've used esf_skip_ip for years. Pushing this as a minor release is disappointing.

Last edited:
The thing is - several places in configuration, and documentation always had esf_skip_ips listed. There were just no reports that it did not work, until we noticed ‘s’ is missing in one place vs all the others, thus we decided to just use path which was intended to be used and place forum announcement on the case.

I still wouldn't consider this a minor change. It's not backwards compatible and changing it can have a large impact.

Why wasn't the rename handled by CustomBuild? If anything, that would be THE place to handle backwards incompatible changes. Don't leave it to the administrator if you do decide to mark this as a minor change.

I still wouldn't consider this a minor change. It's not backwards compatible and changing it can have a large impact.

Why wasn't the rename handled by CustomBuild? If anything, that would be THE place to handle backwards incompatible changes. Don't leave it to the administrator if you do decide to mark this as a minor change.

Good idea. Added to CustomBuild 2.0 rev. 2275. Thank you!

This error after a fresh install DA and trying to update this one:
IN directadmin error log

is not a number. From '' > '0'

Keeps in custombuild plugin asking to update from version 0 to 1.31

i did post this also in custombuild plugin, i guess it is not centos 8 related
REV: 2276

UPDATE edit: solved after a ./build exim again.

Sorry to bother

Last edited:
Back