Email Sending via RoundCube Very Slow - But just for one user account.

jkirker

Verified User
I have a user who has been complaining about her email being slow. So I set up a test account and everything was lightening fast.

I told her the server looked fine.

She continued to complain so I then logged into her account via roundcube and proceeded to send a few test emails. The emails were stuck on sending for a good 30 seconds to 2 minutes before they actually left the machine.

The cores on the machine are at about .1 to .3 across the board so the cpu's are not being taxed. The drives have 800GB's free and are RAID 0. The IO waits are not clogged.

So this morning I set her account up in Thunderbird and when I send mail using it, it goes out with minimal delay.

I then proceeded to move the 10k messages from her inbox into another folder, and the 8k messages from her sent items into another folder. Same result. Doesn't make a difference.

Other accounts on the same domain are fine - even when sending to the same destination email address.

I don't see anything strange in the logs. I'm at a loss as to what to try next as I've never seen anything.

Boxes are 8xXeon w/ 32GB of RAM running CentOS and OpenVZ - 2.6.32-042stab085.20

Using RoundCube Webmail 0.95

There are only 3 messages in the exim queue.

I'm stumped. Any help, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

OK, figured it out. Actually, the user figured it out. It looks like the Spell Check is killing it.

Enabled spell check on the test account and it takes forever. Disable it and it fly's.

Changed the spellcheck database from googie to pspell and SpellCheck is back on. Frustrating.

So what does this have to do with directadmin? Try posting in roundcube forums. You are also using a very old version of roundcube.

Back