Error connecting to MySQL

SamBradsh

Very new here and very little experience. Was trying to create a database to install wordpress and came across this error:

"Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Repair guide: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=45"

I do not understand the repair guide. How can I access the directories mentioned in it?

A step by step help for someone with zero knowledge would be very helpful!

Thanks for reading!

To follow this guide you must have root access (administraton rights) to your own server, and you need to logged in as the root user, using a secure shell. If you're getting hosting from someone else you can't do any of this and you need to contact your hosting provider.

If the server belongs to you but you're not familiar with server administration, as root, using the secure shell (which we generally call ssh, then frankly, it appears that you probably don't have the skillset or experience to follow these instructions without risking damaging your server to the point of needing to rebuild it.

If you've rented an unmanaged VPS server and don't know hot follow these instructions then perhaps you need to contact a server administrator; I and others offer this kind of work for a fee. Or perhaps you should be purchasing hosting from a company offering you full support.

Feel free to write us with more details.

Jeff

Did you try to create the database in DA?
You have to create a database through DA first before you are granted access to phpmyadmin.

To follow this guide you must have root access (administraton rights) to your own server, and you need to logged in as the root user, using a secure shell. If you're getting hosting from someone else you can't do any of this and you need to contact your hosting provider.

If the server belongs to you but you're not familiar with server administration, as root, using the secure shell (which we generally call ssh, then frankly, it appears that you probably don't have the skillset or experience to follow these instructions without risking damaging your server to the point of needing to rebuild it.

If you've rented an unmanaged VPS server and don't know hot follow these instructions then perhaps you need to contact a server administrator; I and others offer this kind of work for a fee. Or perhaps you should be purchasing hosting from a company offering you full support.

Feel free to write us with more details.

Jeff

I'm familiar with ssh, but when I try to log in as root it prompts me for a password I do not know. Where can I find the password?

In general, if you want to create a database via DirectAdmin, that mean DirectAdmin must be able to access to Mysql database.
To be able to connect (login) to Mysql, DirectAdmin have to provide the correct username/password (is stored in this file /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf). And when the login is incorrect, it will says "Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost'"

So in this situation, you have to reset password for account da_admin using instruction in this link http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=45
I suppose that you have basic knowledge about SSH and configuration to follow link's instructions.

Thanks.

Back