bilsta

Verified User
Hello,

When directadmin tries to send an email i get the following errors;

Error while sending email

Details
An error occurred while sending the mail
An error occurred while sending the mail

This happens when i create an account and/or try sending a user there welcome email from the 'users data' page in directadmin.

I have looked at my '/var/log/exim/mainlog' and the following errors accure each time:

2008-06-13 17:43:20 1K7CMy-0005C9-FL Failed to create spool file /var/spool/exim/input//1K7CMy-0005C9-FL-D: Permission denied
2008-06-13 17:43:20 1K7CMy-0005CD-Gn Failed to create spool file /var/spool/exim/input//1K7CMy-0005CD-Gn-D: Permission denied

I belive thats the problem, my guess is some files arent correct; i am running CentOS 5.

If you could help me, and show me how i should fix this problem, i would be very greatful

Regards
Billy Howard

Try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./set_permissions.sh email

hello smtalk

Thanks for the quick reply, i tried that and it didnt work, the were some errors whilst running that script though

chmod: cannot access `/etc/virtual/originative.org/reply/*': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/etc/virtual/originative.org/reply/*': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/etc/virtual/originative.org/majordomo/lists': No such file or directory

and

chmod: cannot access `/etc/virtual/webfora.net/reply/*': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/etc/virtual/webfora.net/reply/*': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/etc/virtual/webfora.net/majordomo/lists': No such file or directory

Regards
Billy

thanks to smtalk the following was the resolution:

everything in /var/spool/exim/ needs to be owned by mail:mail and have chmod 750

in my case it wasnt.

Regard
Billy

Back