Error updating DA on CENTOS 8 but it did worked after installation

ikkeben

Verified User
EDIT: i don't think this is CENTOS 8 related see reply 2 and 3

Try updating DA from DirectAdmin 1.59.4 update to 1.59.5 , with custombuild gui and cli same errors.
It worked however with/after installation of DA itself.

Is a openstack instance lanip/license install. of DA with at ens3:0 options for external ip

Subject: *** An error has occurred while trying to update the software ***
This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.
The generated error message is as follows:

Unable to connect to 216.144.255.179<br>
Unable to connect to secure socket<br>
Unable to connect to 192.169.82.155<br>
Unable to connect to 66.51.122.131<br>
Unable to connect to 69.162.69.58<br>
Unable to connect to any site for the update<br>

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

and

2019:11:18-22:14:19: SSL Socket write error (ret=-1): Some I/O error occurred. The OpenSSL error queue may contain more information on the error. If the error queue is empty (i.e. ERR_get_error() returns 0), ret can be used to find out more about the error: If ret == 0, an EOF was observed that violates the protocol. If ret == -1, the underlying BIO reported an I/O error (for socket I/O on Unix systems, consult errno for details).
openssl error queue:
empty error queue. ret=-1
errno: Connection reset by peer

2019:11:18-22:18:07: Unable to get any data from www.custombuild.eu:193.46.84.152 : Unable to connect to 193.46.84.152<br>
Unable to open a socket<br>

2019:11:18-22:18:14: is not a number. From '' > '0'
2019:11:18-22:18:14: is not a number. From '' > '0'
2019:11:18-22:18:16: Unable to get any data from www.custombuild.eu:193.46.84.152 : Unable to connect to 193.46.84.152<br>
Unable to open a socket<br>

Attachments

• da.jpg
    da.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Could this because of Letsencrypt cert for hostname script i used this manual?

Then ( external dns) i put there mail.hostdomain .tld, mail.vp.hostdomain.tld, hostdomain .tld, vp.hostdomain .tld, www.hostdomain tld

So hostdomain is on the same ip and box but other user.
Also for vp.hostdomain .tld not done a www.vp.hostdomain .tld

Could one of those above be causing the errors and not able to update and verify the license anymore?

Letsencrypt cert and all checking for domains are OK.
So problem/error looks only with connecting for updates directadmin and also custombuild gui updates which are on Directadmin servers as the anti spamscripts

Last edited:
Did this working ( for updating directadmin) workarround.

Still don't know the cause.

But with this lan setup so not with a ens3:0 device with external ip but only ens3 and added in directadmin.conf lan_ip=192.168.4.3 ( the local lan ip for the license device ens3)
https://www.directadmin.com/lan.shtml step 5

It works don't know here while outbound bind to directadmin is different, so still the main cause as above in reply2 could be a problem.

So please could someone of directadmin support test with using settings out reply 2 , handy for faq / knowledge base i guess

Last edited:
Back