mr-cracker

Verified User
Hello,

I'm getting this error when I try to add new NS record

Error Writing Records

Details

Unable to save dns zone: named-checkzone returned:
loading "downmasters.com" from "/var/named/downmasters.com.db.temp" class "IN"
zone downmasters.com/IN: NS 'ns1.name.com.downmasters.com' has no address records (A or AAAA)
zone downmasters.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.

I've been googling and searcjing DA forum, but all suggestion are out dated

Any help please
thanks in advance

But my name servers are "ns1.name.com" through "ns4.name.com" and NOT "ns1.downmasters.com"

In this case i tried "name.com" in the name field, "NS" in record type fiend and "ns1" in the value field, it worked, the record was added but I'm not sure if this is the correct way of doing it?

And thank you for the suggestion

You have to do it the way Sellerone explained. If you did it like that, could you provide us with a screenshot?

It seems to be working, the way i did them

In this case i tried "name.com" in the name field, "NS" in record type fiend and "ns1" in the value field, it worked, the record was added but I'm not sure if this is the correct way of doing it?

thanks for your help guys

Oke that's great.
You could also put the complete statement like:
ns1.domain.com.
but don't forget the last dot at the end in that case.

Glad to hear Sellerone and I have been helpfull. You're welcome!

This fixed my issue. Granted I was using a plugin also. But I forgot to add the period at the end for a cloudflare ns server addition.
This error was popping up:
2023:10:07-06:55:14: Cannot find /usr/sbin/named-checkzone. Either install it, or set named_checkzone=0 in your directadmin.conf
2023:10:07-06:55:14: executeIfExists: sub-hook: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/daflare/hooks/dns_write_post.sh: error:

After deleting the record and adding the ns record back with . at the end everything is back to normal.
(hoping this helps someone else based off the error it through me, funny how relevant some information can be 10 years later.)

Back