Error : Your DirectAdmin version is older than minimal required ...

rezapj

Verified User
custom build error when i try any build command

Your DirectAdmin version (1.61) is older than minimal required for this version of CustomBuild (1.63). Please run '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update_da'

and After try /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update_da . nothing happen ... nothing .
just type updating directadmin and backed to commandline

i try update from CustomBuild section but its same OS nothing happen

and in license section . After 1h of this mssg "Your request for an update will begin in under a minute. You should be notified via the Message system when it is complete" nothing changed :D

Try to update with CLI as admin.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build update_da

i try update from CustomBuild section but its same OS nothing happen

and in license section . After 1h of this mssg "Your request for an update will begin in under a minute. You should be notified via the Message system when it is complete" nothing changed :D

with some try i receive this massage

This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.
The generated error message is as follows:

Unable to connect to 167.172.23.237

Unable to connect to secure socket: Some I/O error occurred. The OpenSSL error queue may contain more information on the error. If the error queue is empty (i.e. ERR_get_error() returns 0), ret can be used to find out more about the error: If ret == 0, an EOF was observed that violates the protocol. If ret == -1, the underlying BIO reported an I/O error (for socket I/O on Unix systems, consult errno for details).

Unable to connect to 216.144.255.179

Unable to connect to secure socket: Some I/O error occurred. The OpenSSL error queue may contain more information on the error. If the error queue is empty (i.e. ERR_get_error() returns 0), ret can be used to find out more about the error: If ret == 0, an EOF was observed that violates the protocol. If ret == -1, the underlying BIO reported an I/O error (for socket I/O on Unix systems, consult errno for details).

Unable to connect to 192.169.82.155

Unable to connect to 66.51.122.131

Unable to connect to 69.162.69.58

Unable to connect to any site for the update

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

try ping all ip's in mssg from OS .and all pinged

try this page https://docs.directadmin.com/getting-started/installation/ip-requirements.html timeout test and everything was ok .downloaded files

Hmm, it actually depends on directadmin version that the server runs.
I had different errors with the manual update as the syntax was slightly different.

For example, the old version of it required manual CID and LID to be entered:
Code:
# /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh
Usage:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh <cid> <lid> [<ip>]

definitons:
  cid: Client ID
  lid: License ID
  ip:  your server IP (only needed when wrong ip is used to get the update.tar.gz file)
example: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh 999 9876

Or a little newer version had "auto" part in there:
Code:
Usage:
    This will get the 'currrent' channel
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto

or:
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto alpha
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto beta
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto current
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto stable

or:

definitons:
  ip:  your server IP (only needed when wrong ip is used to get the update.tar.gz file)

So the bullet proof way would be to execute the getDA.sh without arguments first to see what it expects.

Hmm, it actually depends on directadmin version that the server runs.
I had different errors with the manual update as the syntax was slightly different.

For example, the old version of it required manual CID and LID to be entered:
Code:
Usage:

definitons:

Or a little newer version had "auto" part in there:
Code:
Usage:
    This will get the 'currrent' channel
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto

or:
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto alpha
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto beta
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto current
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto stable

or:

definitons:

So the bullet proof way would be to execute the getDA.sh without arguments first to see what it expects.

i use CID LID but get error

"" Error downloading the update.tar.gz file ""

i think my server cannot connect directadmin servers ( i must check it ) and dont know how

i use CID LID but get error

"" Error downloading the update.tar.gz file ""

i think my server cannot connect directadmin servers ( i must check it ) and dont know how
I've sent you personal instruction. Please check if it works.

We are running into the same problem when upgrading older Ubuntu systems. Before we always updated DirectAdmin manually after an OS release upgrade but this now refuses to download. The new DirectAdmin update script method also refuses to download.

Old method:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
wget --no-check-certificate -O update.tar.gz 'https://update.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?redirect=ok&uid=<REDACTED>&lid=<REDACTED>'
tar xvzf update.tar.gz
./directadmin p
cd scripts
./update.sh
service directadmin restart

Could you please provide us with instructions on how to update DirectAdmin manually so we can upgrade EOL systems?

UPDATE:
We got it working again, before we tried to specify the update channel, for example;
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh stable <UID> <LID>

But this gave us an forbidden error, now with just giving the UID & LID the .tar.gz download works and I'm able to manually upgrade DirectAdmin with the old method. We will need to do a bit of extra testing to see how this impacts future Ubuntu upgrades but it seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
--2021-12-30 19:07:39-- https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?lid=5491&uid=stable
Resolving www.directadmin.com (www.directadmin.com)... 167.172.23.237
Connecting to www.directadmin.com (www.directadmin.com)|167.172.23.237|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad request
Server: nginx
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 18:07:40 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 46
Connection: keep-alive
x-return-code: error
x-error-code: 20
Vary: User-Agent
2021-12-30 19:07:39 ERROR 400: Bad request.

Error downloading the update.tar.gz file
root@webserver:~#

Back