[EXIM] Patch to allow mail to be sent from a domains dedicated IP

scrupul0us

Verified User
This would need to handle automating/keeping current:

/etc/virtual/interfaces

And adding the following to exim.conf:

remote_smtp:
interface = ${lookup{$sender_address_domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/interfaces} {$value}{$MAIN_SERVER_IP}}

It would also be nice if a mailhelo file could be created as well so domains sending email could ehlo as themselves and not the main hostname.

Not sure if this is something I should talk to nobaloney about or DA but it would be nice to have a patch available to persist this across exim updates

I believe this has been discussed on these forums previously and some patches have been posted. Please search and let us know what you find.

When I'm ready to rtebuild SpamBlocker exim.conf file, I'll post a request for suggestions, and will consider all those I get (but probably won't implement all of them). Once I'm done with the next version I'll likely open development up to the community, and perhaps ask if DirectAdmin staff will pick it up as official.

Jeff

That's the way to do it and how I am doing it now... However, should I ./build exim_conf, it's going to nuke that and I'll have to redeploy everytime.

If we had a custombuild patch, say:

./build set exim_send_from_dedicated_ip yes

That would handle this when you ./build exim_conf, that would make life sweet

Spamblocker already looks externally for clamav but it doesnt for DKIM

Would be nice if these small handful of community patches could be streamlined into custombuild to make our lives easier

e.g if you set dkim=1 in directadmin.conf, on build/rebuild/conf build of exim or exim.conf, it should drop that in for you

I use a customized exim.conf file, so I never use Custombuild to update exim.conf.

I prefer to maintain my own changes and customizations.

If you've ever installed my SpamBlocker version 4 you've seen lots of customization points in the file. I'm not a believer in one size fits all ;).

Jeff

Back