exim service down

moxid

Verified User
Hello,
there seems to be a problem with the new patch 1 .48.0, because right after the fresh installation of directadmin on my server, exim service is stopped and it can not be started or restarted. All other features of directadmin seem to be ok. i have chosen the packet 4 (beta 5.6 php) paket when installing directadmin. Greetings. Is there any known bugs or something on this issue?

Definitly not, and also a DA update should not cause other external services issue.

What do you get if you try to restart exim in ssh?

Regards

Starting exim: /usr/sbin/exim: error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so.5.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You should rebuild your exim after upgrading perl.

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build exim

What do you mean? I don't know what patch to exim you applied. But the error which you posted here makes me think you upgraded recently PERL and now you need to rebuild exim.

Or do you want to say that you did not update PERL on your server?

i am just installing directadmin 1.48 on debian wheezy and exim service is stopped. thats all.

OK, you can either try the suggested option or wait for other answers. You choose.

If it's a fresh installed Directadmin with exim, then that might happen if exim was installed from a deb package not from a source. And the deb package might be compiled against older PERL version.

Anyway install the exim from source, and it should fix your issue.

this error is displayed at the beginning of the installation of directadmin, right after typing ./setup.sh. it wasn´t displayed when installing da 1.47

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "de_DE.UTF-8"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "de_DE.UTF-8"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
*** 64-bit OS ***

Back