Exim with Spamblocker - how to change default sending IP / force exim to send from ip

urbee

Verified User
Hi,

i've been trying to implement this:

http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=152

into our Exim/Spamblocker 4.3.4 but ofcourse, the configuration here is different:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
headers_add = "${if def:authenticated_id{X-Authenticated-Id: ${authenticated_id}}}"
interface = <; ${if exists{/etc/virtual/domainips}{${lookup{$sender_address_domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/domainips}}}}
helo_data = ${if exists{/etc/virtual/helo_data}{${lookup{$sending_ip_address}iplsearch{/etc/virtual/helo_data}{$value}{$primary_hostname}}}{$primary_hostname}}
.include_if_exists /etc/exim.dkim.conf

instead of:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

So how do we, by default, send email through specific IP (if no domain-to-ip is set up)?

If i understand correctly, its just domainips_default_ip= setting in directadmin.conf & directadmin restart?

Correct, but please check /etc/virtual/domainips afterwards to see what IP is assigned to *:, if you see the old IP there, please change it to the one you've set for domainips_default_ip, because it's the following command generating domainips file:
Code:
echo "action=rewrite&value=domainips" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

So, a simple DA restart wouldn't change it for you. If you don't have the feature enabled (per-user IPs), you can simply add *:YOUR_NEW_IP_ADDRESS to /etc/virtual/domainips and that's it. Also, you don't seem to run the latest stable version of SpamBlocker (4.4.1), make sure you update to it, otherwise wildcards won't work in domainips file.

I've enabled the feature and added domainips_default_ip= and also updated the eximconfig to spamblocker 4.3.4, my domainips file now includes *:IP ADDRESS but exim is still sending from the old IP... how come?

updated the exim config to spamblocker 4.3.4

That's the reason :) Why? Quoting the text above:
smtalk said:
Also, you don't seem to run the latest stable version of SpamBlocker (4.4.1), make sure you update to it, otherwise wildcards won't work in domainips file.

Back