Exim_conf diff

The latest exim have separated files strings that you can customize and save with a .custom extension.

Also, i'm not sure it is already there, but soon the basic exim will already have the SSL function on per-domain basis.

You may want to give it a try with latest version 4.3.4 (search in the forum for detail, you may also be able to find the SSL thing i dont remember right now) :)

Best regards

Yes cause exim.conf doesnt include that file, you have to create that, and run ./build exim_conf in order to let CB merge the standard with the custom and create the correct one as you can read in the same link you posted (Section 2)

Regards

So I tried use custom file with my modification:
I added
Code:
userautoreply:
  driver == autoreply
  bcc == ${lookup{${local_part}} lsearch {/etc/virtual/${domain}/autoresponder.conf}{$value}}
  file == /etc/virtual/${domain}/reply/${local_part}.msg
  from == "${local_part}@${domain}"
  log == /etc/virtual/${domain}/reply/${local_part}.log
  no_return_message
  subject == "${if def:h_Subject: {Automatyczna odpowiedź: ${quote:${escape:$h_Subject:}}} {Wiadomość automatyczna}}"
# subject == "${if def:h_Subject: {Autoreply: ${quote:${escape:$h_Subject:}}} {Autoreply Message}}"
  to == "${sender_address}"
  headers =="Content-Type: text/plain; charset==utf-8\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"

user == mail
  once == /etc/virtual/${domain}/reply/${local_part}.once
  once_file_size == 100K
  once_repeat == 2d
where subject is changed and added headers with utf-8. But if I build exim_conf then I have

Code:
Starting exim: 2015-08-02 10:25:59 Exim configuration error in line 3 of /etc/exim.variables.conf:
  main option "userautoreply" unknown

mmmh na, i dont think that's the way it work, probably is not using external file for texts, and in this case you would need to edit directly the exim.conf file

I suppose John would be more deatailed on explaining this and probably would have a better idea to accomplish your goal (or even implement something to do that).

I've sent an E-Mail to DA Staff to let them notice this thread.

Regards

mmmh na, i dont think that's the way it work, probably is not using external file for texts, and in this case you would need to edit directly the exim.conf file

I suppose John would be more deatailed on explaining this and probably would have a better idea to accomplish your goal (or even implement something to do that).

I've sent an E-Mail to DA Staff to let them notice this thread.

Regards
Thanks.

I have a couple modification exim.conf.
Autoreply with polish text and headers utf-8, autovacation with polish textand headers utf-8, SSL certificate for clients domain.

I'm leaning towards revamping the auto-responder / vacation tool in exim.
Exim is quite good at reading files, as we do with the actual message, so I'm thinking of expanding that to also be able to customize the subject, html/plain, and encoding. Shouldn't be too hard, just need a file for each setting, with a default if the file is missing (eg: plaintext / "Autoreply"). Once added to the exim.conf, then I'll add an interface into DA.

John

I need to add headers utf-8 because in original file is problem with recognize polish characters. If someone get autoreply then has symbols not real polish letters.

Back