External spam gateway : Spamexperts only recieving from the spam cluster

soulshepard

Verified User
Hello all,

My goal is to have exim configured with a list of domains that have certain mxrecords set to only be accepoting mail from these mxrecords.
As i use an external spamcluster and all mail is being deliverd there and i want to deny sedning directly on the exim server when the spamexperts gateway is in use. to detect either with the predefnied mx records or a text file with domains. and that others not in the list are accepted as normal. in theory client with the extra spam filter als get less spam.. etc

i got until this with spamexperts support, that all ip's in a list are now being kindly asked to send their mail thrue the mxrecords.

exim mod
Code:
1. Under:

====
######################################################################
# ACLs #
######################################################################

begin acl
====

Add:

deny
domains = +spamexperts_domains
!hosts = spamexpertsgw1 : spamexpertsgw2 : localhost
message = Please deliver mail to the address specified in the MX records for this domain.

2. Under: " # define local lists " add: " domainlist spamexperts_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/spamexperts_domains "

3. In /etc/virtual/spamexperts_domains you should only add the domains that are going to accept email only from your Local Cloud filtering servers.

but i still have the problem that all ip's are being denied to send the mails thrue the mx gateways. including the Authenticated users..
but the authentication section is way below..

so my challenges left are :

to have the authenticated ips also sending the mail
and eliminating the textfile list but simply detect in the local / remote dns for that local domain is the mx records are set local or to the spamexpertsgw1 & 2

anyone an idea

Thanks in advance

i will move the deny section below # local source whitelist
and i wiil test..

I also suggest allowing localhost (server messages, etc.) and not setting DirectAdmin to use external mailserver.

Jeff

Back