EzyHelpDesk

Frankly

EzyHelpDesk's software script - runs fine on DirectAdmin Hosting accounts :)

Check us out at Ezyhelpdesk

For a demo of the admin section, check out the helpdesk - the user/pass admin/tester

Thanks
Margaret

How does EZHelpDesk handle situations where the server hosting it is down? We run our support email on two servers to cover this eventuality; would we have to make sure we get a copy of the emails as well, or can we run two copies of EZHelpDesk, for one domain, on one license, so that if one server is down the other will still work?

Jeff

It's an interesting thought :)

Hi, Jeff - that's an interesting point you're making.

When your server's down, I guess all services come to a halt, including the helpdesk.

It will depend on the mail-handling system as to how email tickets are handled - in other words, once service is restored to the server, I would expect the email tickets to be collected as usual by the main copy of the script.

You can set the admin email to any email address you wish; to cover all eventualities, it could easily be an email addy from your back-up server, which could be forwarded to your main site - as well as being available to the back-up.

If you'd like to pm me, I am happy to discuss this in more detail.

Thanks
Margaret

Thanks, Margaret.

We offer support for several clients now and we're expanding that area of our business.

We've always done it with just email, because it's easy enough to make sure we get emails sent to multiple servers that way.

However I'll look at your HelpDesk software when I'm ready to go that route.

Jeff

Do customers have to register on the helpdesk or can the software work with the username/passwords from DA?

Currently customers would have to register to use the helpdesk script - however, it looks as if there is going to be demand for this and I will be adding this feature in a future upgrade.

Thanks
Margaret

Back