[Feature Request] Allow Reseller to edit From Email and Name

Jamie96

Hello all!

Context:
So I have a reseller account from a provider, they have a billing system that auto-created my DA reseller user utilizing my personal email and alpha-tized domain name. So the problem I'm running into is that when I create client packages, I have no control over where the emails are being sent from. I want the emails to be sent from "MyHostingCompanyName <[email protected]>", instead they come from "domaincom <[email protected]>". I have read a couple threads that have lead me to believe that the service administrator can edit my user account data to change my name and email across my whole account, but I don't want that, I still want emails from the system to me to come to my personal email, and I have no idea how that would affect his billing system. It would also be wonky I think in case of errors for the system to send notifications to an email it is hosting and is likely involved in the issue.

TL;DR/Feature Request:
Let reseller accounts self-designate a From email and name to be used in communications to customers of the reseller.

So a couple things:

A) That is a very weird, unexpected place to find that. Perhaps then it should be moved or otherwise made more obvious?

B) Not quite the answer I'm seeking. While that did modify the From of the emails that were being sent, it also sent the emails destined for me to that email. So if I were to use a noreply hole, I won't get any. If I were to use my support email, I've just created a loop where my ticket system is creating tickets based on the notifications of tickets created because of an email sent to the helpdesk from the helpdesk. (I learned that the hard way :p)

It is my opinion that the From name&email should be separate from the reseller account email, purely cosmetic, set from for example the Edit User Message panel.

Hi there,

What you could do is update your billing email as suggested to the sysadmin email.

To resolve your personal notification email issue, assuming your provider uses WHMCS/Blesta you should be able to set up an additional "Contact" with your personal email address and set it to receive your billing side notifications.

Back