Fedora 64 Petition

Senad

Verified User
After talking with John he stated that if there was enough demand for Fedora 64 they would work on it. I've had a few customers sign up wanting Fedora 64 bit with DA so I'll put my name in here first.

If anybody else would like to see this feature request please add your name to the list. If enough names are gathered (enough demand) they may create the 64 bit version hopefully :).

Last edited:
Not really because the Fedora Project is dead.

Really I did not know that. I guess they won't be coming out with FC 7 then.

It doesn't appear dead to me:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/

The next version of Fedora will be released on May 24th. It will be called "Fedora 7" -- not "Fedora Core 7". It's the most ambitious release of Fedora that we've undertaken, and I hope that when we look back at Fedora 7 one or two years down the road, the decisions that we made for this release will have proven to be as impactful as anything we've done in the Fedora space since the start of the Fedora Project.

In one sentence: "Fedora 7 has been about improving the manner in which all future Fedora releases will be made."

Sounds like they plan on releasing a bunch more.

Did Pascal mean that the Fedora Legacy project is shutting down? Without the Fedora Legacy project Fedora won't be supported long enough, in many users' opinions, to make a good server OS for an enterprise server.

But Fedora itself remains strong, alive, and kicking :) .

Jeff

No I think he was just trying to be a smart(you know what) and make a fedora vs ubuntu flame thread.

Why would you want to use Fedora when you can use Centos?

That's a really good question :).

I suppose the answer might be that some admins want more recent software ...

Except that since DirectAdmin builds the entire hosting stack, you can choose your own versions anyway.

So I second the question and look forward to replies.

Jeff

I much prefer CentOS to when i tried out Fedora... though in fairness, it was only brief test, but CentOS won me over more :)

My 2 pence.
Nath.

tarquel,

What did you see as the difference that won you over? They look quite alike when run as servers.

Note that I do NOT recommend Fedora, but I'm curious as to what it was for you.

Jeff

well.. it was a few years back so I honestly cant remember what it was.

I *think* I tried it out here at home just messing around to see what it was like, but then when it came to getting a dedcated server, i dont think Fedora was one of the choices given [in fact, i may have asked for Fedora] but they gave me CentOS and I remember thinking i prefered it more.

Just wish i could remember why hehe

Sorry... no help at all really am i? ;) :D

Regards
Nath

Back