File System Readout Problem

hostanet

Verified User
There seems to be a problem in the file system usage readout.
Click > Admin Panel
Click > Complete Usage Statistics
The File System information shows double disk space of what is actually available and double disk space of what is actually been used.
All the other infomation is correct!

Hello,

Are you referring to the partition stats? It uses "df" to check the disk usage. Try running "df" and see if it returns the same thing.

John

When I run "df" it shows half the values that Direct Admin shows.
The numbers listed under the following columns are twice the value they should be.
512K BLOCKS - USED - AVAIL

See attached screenshot.
The "filesystem" - "capacity" and "mounted on" columns are correct.

Attachments

• data.gif
    data.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Hello,

A 512 block is half the size of a 1k block, so you'll have twice as many. I guess your filesystem might be formatted a bit differently.

John

Yes - When I run "df" it does show "1K BLOCKS" at the top of the page instead of "512K BLOCKS".
I used the standard FreeBSD "ufs" when I set up the drives.
Is there a way to change Direct Admin so it reads correctly?
Thanks!
John

Last edited:
Hello,

Strange... DirectAdmin runs "/bin/df" and parses exactly what you see. So maybe you have two copies of df? one being in a different path?

John

When I go to the command line and type in "df" or "df -h" I get the correct reading. When I type in "df -b" I get the incorrect reading (double the actual values) that is the same as Direct Admin shows me.

Ok, I've set the df call to use -h, so it should fix it, and also make it more readable for everyone.

John

Back