• Classic Skin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MaxPower

Verified User
Hey guys,

I'm a DA junkie.

I am working on completion of my latest web hosting site www.AlbertaHosting.ca

I use power_user which I find to look the most professional out of all the default skins, unless you buy a skin.

Problem. The only flash tutorials available were for NOT for power_user.

I sent an email today to www.demodemo.com and they worked all day after I made a request to create new power_user tutorials.

http://www.demodemo.com/tutorials_directadmin_poweruser.html

Just wanted to update the users of this forum. I know some of you like the other skins, and they do offer tutorials for all three.

- Max

As far as advertising, I would recommend www.demodemo.com to anyone, I have used them on several occasions.

The staff at demodemo.com are professional and courteous.

Finally, when I contacted Mark at DirectAdmin he didn't say anything about power_user not being available in updated versions.

As a matter of fact, I just checked DirectAdmin's demo site and it looks to me that power_user is still available as a default skin.

DA.gif

So please enlighten me as to what the significant differences are between my version of power_user or a newer version??

...or are you just blowing smoke?

Last edited:
He's not blowing smoke. Hey's saying that anyone writing a flash tutorial should use the latest version of the skin, as they do change from time to time.

However the tutorial should still be useful.

I've written the folk at DemoDemo to look at this thread.

I've also moved the thread to the 3rd Party Software forum; that's really where it belongs.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. And thank you MaxPower for creating the thread. :)

From what I can see, the "newer" version of PowerUser has very few differences, so I am not really all that concerned. Over the years, I have seen control panel developers "tweak" their product on a very regular basis. If we had to produce new tutorials every time they did that, there wouldn't be enough hours in the day to keep up! Basically, we create updated tutorials when there is a major version update where either the entire interface has a new look, or when the performance of any given task is materially changed. But when there are just minor changes made (a new link added, etc.), it does not justify a new series. So in this case, based on what I see, I am very comfortable releasing this new tutorial series as I feel it substantially and accurately represents how to perform the various tasks.

Vito

If you get them to write one for the Marina skin...then I'd be interested.. :)

I have software to make my own, but I'm lazy..lol.

sullise said:
If you get them to write one for the Marina skin...then I'd be interested.. :)

I have software to make my own, but I'm lazy..lol.

Need to feel Liked

Nice web site, it's ashamed that you don't have a merchant account, that looses creditability.

PayPal, 2CheckOut or by MoneyOrder. :rolleyes:

Sorry I am a firm believer that if you are doing business on the Internet 1) get a merchant account and 2) be a BBB member.

It's shows creditability and stability in your company.

btw, how come you don't offer a demo - I wanted to see what a Marina skin looks like.

As far as the skins, I would suggest you contact demodemo.com yourself if you are interested in custom tutorials.

- Max
www.AlbertaHosting.ca

Last edited:
MaxPower said:
Need to feel Liked

Nice web site, it's ashamed that you don't have a merchant account, that looses creditability.

PayPal, 2CheckOut or by MoneyOrder. :rolleyes:

Sorry I am a firm believer that if you are doing business on the Internet 1) get a merchant account and 2) be a BBB member.

It's shows creditability and stability in your company.

btw, how come you don't offer a demo - I wanted to see what a Marina skin looks like.

As far as the skins, I would suggest you contact demodemo.com yourself if you are interested in custom tutorials.

- Max
www.AlbertaHosting.ca
www.CalgaryBusiness.ca

First of all, let me address this first point...DO NOT CRITICIZE OTHER DA HOSTS METHODS OF DOING BUSINESS ON THE DA FORUMS. It shows a lack of professionalism and just makes you look like you are just spamming.

That being said...

1) Don't NEED a merchant account. The payment methods I have work fine for me at the moment and have been using them for years. There is nothing that prevents anyone from using a Credit Card and Paypal and 2CO have provided me with good service with zero problems. I did not ask for your opinion on my business practices nor do I want/appreciate them. You talk about my company losing credibility because I don't have a merchant account, well, you've lost ALL credibility, at least in my eyes, as a host for making such arrogant and unwanted comments here.

2) BBB is overrated. No one gives a crap about the BBB. Just look at how many underhanded businesses are listed in the BBB as having negative ratings and thriving anyway. Why should I pay the BBB some fee. They are about as useful as the United Nations....lol.

3) That being said...I'll talk to demodemo myself I guess...or just build my own proprietary set. I don't have a demo because I don't need the headache of script kiddies trying to hack it. Again, my business not yours.

Hello Sean:

At this point, I just don't foresee adding any additional DA skins to our general inventory.

Sorry. :(

Vito
demodemo.com

PayPal, 2CO, and the BBB

PayPal and 2CheckOut are both good payment options and many customers prefer them because then they control their payments and they don't have to give their credit card numbers to someone they don't know anything about.

That's a good enough reason for us to use PayPal as our primary payment method for NoBaloney Internet Services (although we offer other payment methods as well.

The BBB ? Please don't make me laugh.

The BBB is a private business. In business to make money. If someone wants to pay them, that's fine.

If you've ever had to write them to get them to resolve a complaint you realize that they don't do much at all. Because they can't. And because it's not in their interest to come down on their members, who afterall pay them.

But the specific issue I always have with them is that they start off by discriminating against Internet merchants. They don't like us by default, so why should I pay them.

Why do I say that? If you run a brick and mortar business, a mail-order business, or a business from your home, you can buy a standard membership from them and use their logo in your advertising.

But if you're an Internet-related business you must pay them extra and use a special logo designed just for Internet business.

And that's discrimination. In my opinion.

Jeff

First of all, let me address this first point...DO NOT CRITICIZE OTHER DA HOSTS METHODS OF DOING BUSINESS ON THE DA FORUMS. It shows a lack of professionalism and just makes you look like you are just spamming.

That being said...

1) Don't NEED a merchant account. The payment methods I have work fine for me at the moment and have been using them for years. There is nothing that prevents anyone from using a Credit Card and Paypal and 2CO have provided me with good service with zero problems. I did not ask for your opinion on my business practices nor do I want/appreciate them. You talk about my company losing credibility because I don't have a merchant account, well, you've lost ALL credibility, at least in my eyes, as a host for making such arrogant and unwanted comments here.

2) BBB is overrated. No one gives a crap about the BBB. Just look at how many underhanded businesses are listed in the BBB as having negative ratings and thriving anyway. Why should I pay the BBB some fee. They are about as useful as the United Nations....lol.

3) That being said...I'll talk to demodemo myself I guess...or just build my own proprietary set. I don't have a demo because I don't need the headache of script kiddies trying to hack it. Again, my business not yours.

Take it easy dude. It was just an opinion. I guess in some ways it could be better as 2CO, or PayPal are huge companies with great security..

There are lots of web hosting companies and businesses using 3rd party credit card processors.

As far as BBB, I stand corrected. They suck :)

Back