FR: Create reseller without the need to fill in a domainname

myH2Oservers

Verified User
Is it possible to remove the restriction that you have to enter a domainname when creating a reseller account?

Sometimes a normal user wants to upgrade to reseller so we move his account to his new reseller account. The reseller then don't need a domainname.
Or some resellers want just a reseller account without a domainname (he will add one later himselfs).

Could also apply on "user" accounts since some people just want a package without filling in a domain name (also will add one later).

At the moment we create an account with some random garbage as domainname, then login as the user and delete the domainname again. Would be nice to remove the restriction at all (there is no technical need for it on creation?).

It's really a bit stupid that we need to add a domain name when we create a user. For example, when I create a reseller I just enter the resellers username as the domain name, after the creation I then login als the reseller and then delete the domain name again. Kind of waste of time. :(

Its not stupid to need a domain name.

Just give them a subdomain off of your main domain then.

user.yourdomain.com

They can then remove the domain or use the change domain feature.

At this time, it is required, but I can understand why it shouldn't be required (it's not for Admins). Anyway, as scsi mentioned, just create either a fake domain name or a subdomain for the User to make DA happy.

John

We generally create username.hostname.example.com. You can delete it easily enough.

Jeff

Back