[FR] MX records access for resellers, even when DNS control is off

interfasys

Verified User
Just like resellers can have access to the DNS manager even for users which don't have the feature enabled, I think it would be good if they could have access to the MX records page.

The currently get the following error message
You do not have permission to add records to your zone

Why not combine the MX records and DNS management pages (= move the local mail check box to DNS management page, MX records are already manageable on the DNS management page). They you can drop the MX records page and is this also fixed :)

I think that page was created in order to make it easier for some webmasters to use external services such as gmail to collect their emails, so I think it's best if it stays.
The local mail check box is what some resellers need access to, but it doesn't make much sense to have it on the DNS page as it's not related to DNS.
So I still think it would be best to apply the same permissions to that page, but I'll let John decide if the tick box should be added to the DNS page instead :)

I agree. I have this same issue. I have a client set up as a reseller for the dedicated IP, but they never have access to the DA CP. They prefer to keep their email with another service, but emails being generated by scripts on the server are not getting delivered to them becuase the domain exists on the machine. I need to be able to deactivate the MX records on this server for that domain, but cannot.

I agree. I have this same issue. I have a client set up as a reseller for the dedicated IP, but they never have access to the DA CP. They prefer to keep their email with another service, but emails being generated by scripts on the server are not getting delivered to them becuase the domain exists on the machine. I need to be able to deactivate the MX records on this server for that domain, but cannot.
You've lost me. If they're a reseller they should have access to their DNS at the reseller account user level. And that's where you or they would make the chnge.

Why don't they have access to the control panel?

You can make the change manually. If the box is checked the domain is listed in /etc/virtual/domains, and if unchecked it's not. So just remove it manually if their email is with another service. And change the MX in the DNS control section.

Jeff

+1 for me to have access to the MX records page even when DNS is not activated for the user. (same like the DNS management page)

Back