[FR] Patch functionality in build script

sysdev

Verified User
Hi,

as we've all seen very recently, the openssl.c file is a little bit buggy as it fails to compile sometimes.
The recent curl and exim updates in combination with e.g. CentOS 5.11 final fail because the required defines are not added correctly.
zEitEr's patch for Exim in https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=51799&p=266651 shows this clearly where a #define is used on a piece of code, but not on a declaration of a variable, so the compile still fails.

It would be great if the build script would check for a custom patch directory after extracting a tarball. If the patch directory exists ánd has a patch for the service being installed/updated, it should run the patch before compiling.

This would make it less of a pain in the *** to get lots of servers upgraded and would also help in adding support for e.g. older mpm_itk setups etc.

With Regards,

John

Yes, I've seen that topic, but it didn't work for my itk patch (i didn't spend too much time on trying it, so it might work).
Not clear though how this would work for curl, exim, proftpd patches etc, but a drop-in solution like a patches directory would still be nice, even it it was to keep things a bit more manageable.

Yes, you've got right.

We already have /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/
So that might be /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/custom/
With patches with the same name as a service we build, so

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/custom/curl.patch would be applied for curl, and similar.

Yes, you've got right.

We already have /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/
So that might be /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/custom/
With patches with the same name as a service we build, so

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/custom/curl.patch would be applied for curl, and similar.

Cool, I kind of missed that one :)

It's not implemented yet, this is only how could it be done I guess and suggest :)

Back