FreeBSD...5.x...still not moved out of beta?

Senad

Verified User
I was curious if 5.x is still gonna be kept in beta or will it be moved shortly? DA has stated allready that 5.x series is out of BETA and that leaves only 6.x in there.

Do you mean on these forums?

If someone familiar with DA-on-FreeBSD will email me (see address below) a definitive list of what is and isn't beta, I'll reconfigure the forums.

Jeff

Jeff John did mention few weeks back that 5.x is considered out of beta now and you responded you was going to change it but it hasnt occured, I would maybe merge Freebsd 4.x and 5.x in one section to minimise clutter and add a new beta section for 6.x.

Chrysalis,

I'll be taking care of this in the next day or two if I have the time, but I won't be looking at any posts while I do it.

Please duplicate your post in an email to me if you'd like me to consider it.

Thanks.

Jeff

I've moved FreeBSD 5.x moved out of beta.

I've also created a new beta forum for FreeBSD 6.x.

Jeff

Jeff I e-mailed you the links for FreeBSD 6.0 articles. Great job :).

While we're on this topic how about creating a forum for Debian, at least under Beta.

I've been running it on my server without any specific bugs for several months now.

Any updates on those FreeBSD articles being transfered over to the 6.x forums? I find that most of them explain all of the problems and fixes for all current bugs in the 6.x series. So naturally I kind of want to push these over to the 6.x forums as soon as possible :D.

Done.

You have to consider that I'm a volunteer and can only take time to look at the forums when I have the time to take :).

Jeff

jlasman said:
Done.

You have to consider that I'm a volunteer and can only take time to look at the forums when I have the time to take :).

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I understand about being a volunteer and all. Perhaps DA should give you some more volunteers as well (it definetly is impossible to run a forum by yourself...although you are doing a wonderful job :) ).

Back