freebsd 6.1 and imap

DA-Rff

Verified User
Anybody know how to get IMAP working in PHP. I know that squirrelmail uses it, and that works but on phpinfo.php I don't see imap extension working.

The only thing I see in phpinfo.php on my CentOS systems is mod_imap under the Apache Loaded Modules.

I don't know if anything should be different under FreeBSD 6.1.

I don't know anything else has to be installed for IMAP to work; squirrelmail is a PHP application.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I tried the steps on the following post:

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11043&highlight=freebsd+imap

I have a programmer working on a script that will read some email on my server and then do a number of things with it, including writing to mysql database and reading from that.

My programmer says this:

'SquirralMail doesnt use IMAP extension for PHP, it writes its own functions to read mails using pure php.'

That set me on course for trying the above.

I tried to build php with php included, but still see this:

In http://fokkohouwing.com/php.php, do not have modules imap that is loaded.
Command to build php; dont have imap.
'./configure' '--with-apxs' '--with-curl' '--with-curl-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--with-gd-dir=/usr/local' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-xml' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-zip' '--with-openssl' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-memory-limit'

File php.ini that is loaded at /usr/local/lib/php.ini doesnt use imap extentions.

thanks for any help!

when I run ./build php n, this is what I get at the end:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.4.4.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about FreeBSD to help you. I've moved the thread to the FreeBSD 6.x forum. Maybe that'll help someone who can help you find it.

Jeff

DA-Rff said:
when I run ./build php n, this is what I get at the end:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.4.4.

As root run:

/usr/sbin/pkg_add -r libltdl15

or

cd /usr/ports/devel/libltdl*
make install clean

Imap on freebsd is run via inetd if you do not have dovecot installed. Make sure inetd is running.

Command to start:

/usr/sbin/inetd -l -R 1024

Then make sure the following are in /etc/rc.conf

inetd_enable="YES"
inetd_flags="-l -R 1024"

This is only if you are not using dovecot and are using vmpop3d.

Many Thanks!! chatwizard,

Followed your instructions to the letter and now have it up and running.

Great to have this place to ask questions and get help from people I don't even know.

Once again THANKS!!

Robert

PS. Jeff, thanks also for your part in this!

Back