FTP & Socket Errors

Gadget

Verified User
I am using directadmin to manage my QuickNoc Server (www.globechat.org) all ftp access has suddenly stopped working (errors include "timouts" "no server available" "invalid hostname", etc). I have verified that the hosts file is right (with the info you provided in another post) and it still doesnt work for any user. also i have created the shell account buglite.globechat.org and am hosting an ircd on it. the ircd is up and running and connected with the other ircd's on the network but about every hour it "peers" all of its users off and wont let them get back in for like 30 minutes. The connections to the servers are not touched only the clients. the servers connect on ports 6667 and 7005 and the clients on ports 6668-6669 and 8000. Can you please help me ?:?:confused:

Generally when an IRC server starts to peer users its because of network issues...

Check to make sure no firewalls are running on the box and make sure the network is properly configured for the box.. Other than that it could be the hardware the network uses thats unstable and causing the disconnections..

Its rather unlikley that DA would be causing something like this as it doesn't change an IRCd...

Back