General questions

aleborg

Verified User
Is the license bound to a specific IP and if it is can that IP be easly changed?
We need to set up the server with DA on a temporary IP and move all our customers from our old server and then switch IP on the server with DA and use our old servers IP.
Is this gonna cause any problems?

Hello,

Yes, the license is bound to a server IP which is checked before DA will load up. The IP is quite easily changed by contacting [email protected] where we'll update the license and you just download the new one. (You have many IPs on a server. The only requirement is that the license IP is the main server IP)

User transfers are never really "fun", but with the User backup/restore tool, the process can be made easier. If you have a few hundred sites, a more manual method for transfers is generally recommended... you can check out some of the how-to's on the forum for more info. We're also working on a better back/trasfer tool which will make the whole user transfers process a breeze :)

John

Given the fact that the ETA on the new DA version is 1st of february I would highly recommend on waiting till that time comes. If you are to manually back it all up it would probably take quite a long time.

Just wait for the new version imho.

Hello,

I may end up pushing it back a bit.. it's quite a big feature and I don't want to release it prematurely :)

John

Back